Mandarake Online World Shop -- a good place for used trains

1954G

I  bought two trains from Mandarake in 2019, both times SAL small packet registered  shipping was 1690 Yen. But that is not available now.

Edited by bill937ca
The Next Station Is...

I've bought from Mandarake many times and under normal circumstances, I've not found their shipping prices to be much different from other hobby shop sites. There was one exception though and that was for my 'urban mine' auction items - I don't think they list train items under that system and I think I was caught out by volumetric weight for the items I bought. 

• Thanks 1
roadstar_na6
47 minutes ago, bill937ca said:

[...]

I know those as they don't differ any to the general Japan Post shipping methods available at the moment.

@The Next Station Is... Thank you for your input, this is exactly what I was asking for and now I can happily order what I wanted to get from there without worrying about being hit with a huge shipping fee 😄

• cteno4 pinned this topic
8 hours ago, katoftw said:

Seems to be zero model train related items available

That's why I said that they're grabbing choice items. The item I bought from them via ebay was a rare card game accessory, but that ebay listing when I searched in their system showed up. I suspect that if one of their outlets gets any anime-wrapped trains in (ie EVA Shinkansen), they may show up on the ebay store.  

Edit2: sample search with the word "train" https://www.ebay.com.au/sch/i.html?_dmd=2&_ssn=mandarake&store_cat=0&store_name=mandarake&_oac=1&_nkw=train at the time of searching brought up Plarail, B-shorties and Super Sentai toys

Edited by Rod.H
forgot an example train
On 10/23/2021 at 3:55 PM, Rod.H said:

That's why I said that they're grabbing choice items. The item I bought from them via eBay was a rare card game accessory, but that eBay listing when I searched in their system showed up. I suspect that if one of their outlets gets any anime-wrapped trains in (i.e. EVA Shinkansen), they may show up on the eBay store.  

Mandarake is also pretty selective about what they'll list on their own website too, I've found. When I was in Nakano earlier this year, for instance, there was quite a bit of stock there that isn't listed online - Marklin H0, a couple of Tenshodo D51s, and a selection of Toden tram models in H0 just to name a few that come to mind. I've emailed the team at Nakano three times about a Marklin loco they had when I was there in June, but they've never responded to me about that.

I'm not sure what the thinking is behind this. I would've thought that they would want this stuff to move on, or is there something else to it? I'm completely baffled. And yes, I'm still keen to get that loco.

Alastair

1 hour ago, bc6 said:

Can foreigners order from Mandrake?

Check out the earlier bits of this topic and you will see more on how to deal with mandrake. Not turnkey like usual sources, but it can work with some effort on your part. Language can be an issue, but much better than it use to be.

jeff

• Like 1