JMRA 2014 (November 1st and 2nd)

Kabutoni

Another model train show announced in the Kantō area. The JMRA near (Keikyū) Kamata station: http://www.jmra.gr.jp/

2014kamata-Panf_21.jpg

I'll be going (if time permits) to meet up with the T-Trak Network guys and if all goes well, bring my own module (more on that later). I probably won't go buying stuff there, since I've got more than enough projects waiting to be done.

Anyway, if anybody goes let me know and we can have a beer or something. xD

Edited by Toni Babelony

Hobbyland Pochi are holding an event in Ikebukuro over the long weekend, I might take a look:

As much as I'd love to, due to my current unfortunate financial state, I have no means/reason of visiting this venue this weekend... It's however a good reason to save up for a next purchase or invest in my T-Trak module. 

Interesting... I've NEVER attended a show before and would LOVE to... Anyone knows if there's any somewhere in mid April to end April next year (2015)?

Wonder if the model will be going to the show?   :)

Don't know if this was mentioned before, there's another show very soon (in fact starting tomorrow) in Ikebukuro: http://pochi.ir.shopserve.jp/hpgen/HPB/entries/176.html

Well, I went to the Ikebukuro event and was it indeed a Hobbyland Pochi sales event, where the Shinjuku and Ikebukuro branches just laid out their massed inventory on some tables with a 1000 ~ 2000-yen discount on most sets. There was also a fixed price section with stuff priced at 3000, 5000 and 8000 yen, though I guess you needed to go early on the first day to get real bargains. Fortuitously I found something on my WANT list for 8000 yen :)

Just a little and gentle bump as a heads-up for those interested in going.

This event seems like a small version of the JAM, mixed with the regular JMRA shows in Hamamatsuchō. 1st floor is the show part and on the 2nd floor the T-Trak event. The planning is to actually take part in the T-Trak community next time, as I didn't had the time and resources to put together a reasonable module.

Anyway, I was wondering if there are 2nd hand models on sale there (I very much doubt it), since I probably have some financial slack coming up and I could really go for a Keisei 3700 (1st gen.) or a contemporary Sōtetsu train (or I should just shut up and get going with the kits that are waiting to be made/finished).

There is also a sale of Hobby Land Pochi again in Akihabara at the same time (1st, 2nd, and 3rd November, coincidence?). I'm wondering if it would be good to combine these two events with each other, but I'm afraid it won't be worth the trouble...

Edited by Toni Babelony

Umm, are you confusing October and November by any chance?

I always wonder why... Why doesn't English have numbers for the months, like many Asian languages? XD

I always wonder why... Why doesn't English have numbers for the months, like many Asian languages? XD

Well, there's:

• September
  • October
  • November
  • December

Although they only confuse things further ;)

• Like 1

Well, there's:

• September
  • October
  • November
  • December

Although they only confuse things further ;)

Sept -> reminds me of sept, which means seven in French;

Oct -> reminds me of octa, which is eight in latin;

Nov -> nothing special happens here, nova? nuevo? new? January?;

Dec -> reminds me of deca, which means ten in latin...

It breaks my head, since I tend to ignore all the religious, mystic and folklore mumbo-jumbo around it. There is no logic. Nothing is true. Everything is a lie.

---

Also, trains. I'll probably be hanging around the T-Trak people all day, so you can find me there. T-Trak makes sense.