It's a boy

railsquid

I only very recently discovered that his maternal grandfather was a bit of a model train fan in his younger days and still has the trains tucked away somewhere. So good genetics ;)

Edited by railsquid

railsquid - Congratulations! Now you have an excuse to buy more trains!! (They're not for me... they're for our baby)

Edited by Bernard

Congratulations! 

My wife and I will also be having our first child, also a boy, next month (Oct. 23 is the due date). 

Perhaps like you I have been window shopping for toy train stuff for him already.  Will probably have to wait a couple of years before he gets his first, and a few years after that before i start easing him into my N-guage layout.

Fun fun fun.  Except for the upcoming lack of sleep....

• Like 1

Sean,

Hey congrats! Hoping for that due date, it's my bday!

Cheers,

Jeff

Thanks!  Cool, I`ll let you know if he does make it on the 23rd, its only a couple weeks off of my birthday too!

Congratulations! 

My wife and I will also be having our first child, also a boy, next month (Oct. 23 is the due date). 

Perhaps like you I have been window shopping for toy train stuff for him already.  Will probably have to wait a couple of years before he gets his first, and a few years after that before i start easing him into my N-guage layout.

Fun fun fun.  Except for the upcoming lack of sleep....

I arrive in Fukuoka on the 24th.

Thanks!  Cool, I`ll let you know if he does make it on the 23rd, its only a couple weeks off of my birthday too!

Mine is the 24th.

My eldest son is the 25th.

• Like 1

According to today's scan. Due end of January.

Well, a good excuse to acquire some of this Plarail stuff :)

First child? 

Prepare for some bad nights, and also a grumpy mom :) 

Lot's of love and care, a massive dose of patience will do wonders. 

And don't worry if you don't know what to do, kids, unlike trains, come with no instruction book, so you get to go by trial and error. 

Congrats.

Martijn Meerts

You need a new layout, he's already bored of it by the look of things =)

Damn, and there was me thinking it was obvious the yawn occurred when no train was visible.

Anyway plans are afoot, now he's sleeping regular hours :)

Squid,

Hey he's growing like a good cephalopod should! Pretty soon one of those tenticles will shoot out and start grabbing cars!

I think he is starting to make proper shisa kanko gestures!

I vote you build the layout all around his crib!

Good to see the little squid happy and drooling!

Jeff

And whenever more action is needed you can always let a high speed shinkantram loose on the layout. Guaranteed to get the attention of all kids...