Tomix bus with UniTram roads?

velotrain

I hadn't initially been interested in the busses, but am reconsidering them.  A few questions.

Where I've seen them incorporated with trams, they both generally follow the same route, which viewers might logically question.  Has anyone routed them separately?

(I remember an old MR cartoon, with a graphic of loaded cars arriving at a mine.  One character is asking another, "What's the matter Clyde - didn't the guys at the mill want that ore after all?")

Looking at the UniTram street corners, I'm wondering if there is enough room on the inside lane for them to round the corner without a possible tram collision?

Has anyone tried this?

Has anyone run their own wires under UniTram streets in general?\

Yes there are a couple threads on the forum of folks doing this, embedding bus wire under unitram streets. Seems to work reasonably well. I had good luck doing lots of custom guide wire experiments with the faller bus under 020 styrene.

Jeff

Afaik IST has successfully added wires to the Kato streets, but a collision between the inner tram line and the bus line is not really possible to avoid, since the remaining corner is narrower than a normal bus lane and buses need more space to turn. However with careful tram driving, it's possible to use both.

kvp has right, I tested it and there will be collision if you - as a tram driver - do not keep watching. :-)

Here is my test video, you can see there is not enough space for the tram and the bus:

• Like 1

Thanks much to all - maybe I'll have the bus commandeer some sidewalk  ;-)

I mean reshaping the corners, not the bus going over the curb and terrorizing peds.