Hello from New Orleans.

Sascha

Hi there. I JUST started today to get into the hobby. I ordered a Kato M1 and the Kato 10-1132 JR Series 0-2000 Tokaido Shinkansen 50th Anniv. with 4 Cars. I was planing for a long time (i'm 45) to start a N-Gauge project, and I finally decided that its now or never.I'm a Kendo enthusiast and like the Japanese culture in general (I visited Tokyo in May), so I decided to build a Japanese landscape. I chose the 0 Series Shinkansen since it reminded me of my childhood, and of how awesome I thought it looked back than ( It still takes the cake). I decided to start small, and go from there. I hope I found the right place to get tips and guidance into this hobby, that will probably turn into an obsession. Sorry if my English is not the best, but I'm originally from Germany. I'm looking forward to a great time on here.

Best regards. 

• Like 1

Welcome sascha,

Well you are done for now. You found your way into the Venus flytrap of Japanese model railroading and you will start dumping your life savings into it quickly here. Keep us posted here on your descent into the depths!

You found the rich place, start poking around and asking questions!

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1

Welcome! This place is reeking with rail and modelling information, and you'll find it hard to resist all the models we discussed here!  :)  

By the way, Kendo is nice! Always wanted to try that ~

• Like 1