The bus service between Moriya and Mizukaidō has been abolished and train service has been reinstalled. Services are ran with 4-car trains in the morning and late afternoon and 2-car trains in the late morning and early afternoon.

Shimotsuma - Shimodate is still being ran with two trains per hour, one car only (either 2403 or 5004). The two-car DMU (2101+2102) at Shimotsuma seems not to be in operation and is probably there as backup. Because of the technical situation at Shimotsuma (visual signals and detection equipment), allowing only trains to leave from platform 1 and arriving at platform 2, a switchback move is needed between arrival and departure:

The section between Mizukaidō and Shimotsuma is still not in operation and has no bus replacement. This is because this section is very near the Kinugawa river and is in the middle of the disaster area. Here is a recent video of how the situation currently looks (Shimotsuma, Minami-Ishige, Mitsuma and Mizukaidō Depot) and is being handled. In the background the public announcement system can sometimes be heard, announcing places where to get clean water and so on.

If it were not for a few (business) meetings, I'd have gone visiting the region this weekend with the family.

• Like 2

Nice videos... A serene and quiet atmosphere... That maintenance truck is really interesting... I didn't know the dumper dumps sideways! :)

Don't believe without the disaster the scene would be bustling with noise though. It's always like this. xD

That truck is one of those types that can tip in all directions, except to the front.

Good news! After a month all sections have been restored. Not fully optimalised, trains aren't able to travel at full speed (90kph) yet, but it enables the locals to pick up their daily lives again.

https://youtu.be/9UK4CMDsoEM

Quite amazing how quickly the tracks were fixed.

Good news. I did Mooka Railway fair in the typhoon?

Apart from suspended services that day, no further noticeable delays and damages at Mooka.

With all services restored, I came across these rare and ravaging interesting photographs on Twitter: 

CQZKDb-U8AIklfc.jpg

CQZKDtuUcAAHZS-.jpg

CQZKFryVEAA24Fj.jpg

source: https://twitter.com/tossy1961/status/650288660655374336

This is an old Odakyū 5000/5100 type DMU that was used for the Asagiri services from Shinjuku to Gotemba (JNR Gotemba line) and was rebuilt into a 3-door DMU by Kantō Railway. On these pictures, a lineup with defunct DMU stand, with the ex-Odakyū DMU in several test colours. Eventually, the beige with black/orange belt would be chosen as the new default livery.

It's interesting to see all these liveries on one car and to see the alternatives Kantō Railway were thinking about adapting.

• Like 1

That one just begs to be modelled!

Well, it's about 5 different kinds of paint and a ton of masking tape. If I get my hand on a non-painted model of this train (it exists), I'll go for it!

• Like 1

Admittedly, it's not the most interesting of liveries, but a nice addition to the current two major livery variations.

So far, the only details I can spot are LED front lights that differ from the previous four 5000 types.