Hi from Bo'ness Scotland

Alan W Aitken

Alan W Aitken

Hello,

My name is Alan and I am from Bo'ness Scotland.

I have been into model railways since I was about 8 and I am now 36.

I have been collecting Japanese N gauge stuff for a few years now, with the hope to building a layout in the shed am building, but quite fancy building a layout to take to a show also.

I have been writing a blog on my progress, which I would be happy to have feedback on.  My Spelling and grammer is shocking, just so your aware.

http://kokutetsu-jnr.blogspot.co.uk

I have been enjoying reading the forums, as its a good source of info.

I just need to get myself a track plan together so i can start building my layout.

Cheers

Alan

Edited by Alan W Aitken
  • Like 1
Alan W Aitken

Cheers Bernard, I like to super detail my buildings, it takes ages, but I love the results, when it works haha.

I feel if ur putting a building on a layout it should have a purpose and look like its being used.

Alan

Edited by Alan W Aitken

Alan,

Welcome! Looks kike a really fun project! Will be great to follow it. Start a thread here on the layout!

Love the work on the parking structure!

Cheers

Jeff

No worries on the spelling and grammar, I'm dyslexic and can easily muck up the English language even with auto correct!

Alan W Aitken

Cheers for the welcome and the understanding,

I will start a thread for my layout, although is at the early design stage just now.  and the location for it is not quite set.

Still it will not stop me from Building and detailing kits.

Cheers

Alan

Alan W Aitken

Welcome to the forum.  Had a very nice time in your town many years ago, visiting the preserved railway there.

Yes, one of the reasons i moved here :)  , much to my wife's disgust.  Its a very nice set up, and a good day out.

I am off on holiday on to Sussex in Oct visiting family, so i am going to the Bluebell Railway.

And thank you ken

Just use a picture that is in jpeg format and accessible over http. The forum software will download and convert it. It should not be too large or in a special format. Generally if you can post it into a topic as an embedded picture, it will work.

Hi Alan, that cannae be Bo'ness, the sun was shining :)

How is the shed remodelling coming along?  look forward to seeing what you have planned for out there

Alan W Aitken

Hi Alan, that cannae be Bo'ness, the sun was shining :)

How is the shed remodelling coming along? look forward to seeing what you have planned for out there

Yes believe it or not it is.

I have finally got the fence up, and started laying slabs. So I will have a working base in a few weeks. Then its down to designing the shed. Then I have the joy of designing the layout.

What about itself? Do u have a layout? What bit of five are u in

Edited by Alan W Aitken

Well there is a layout in progress in the shed but not much to look at I'm afraid and I'm pretty much as far NE as you can go before being in Dundee, am between the Tay Road & Rail bridges.

Claude_Dreyfus

I am off on holiday on to Sussex in Oct visiting family, so i am going to the Bluebell Railway.

When? If you are down in Sussex during the weekend of the 25th & 26th October, Kanjiyama is out and about. On the Saturday it is at a show in Horsham, whilst the following day I'm at our club open day just outside of Liphook...