So i broke my pre 2006 Tomix 800系's coupler

HantuBlauLOL

HantuBlauLOL

I dont want to import it alone from Japan due to high tax and shipping cost reason..

anyone knows how to build replacement couplers for it? By the way i broke 2 of them, so a whole new coupler design is okay..

HantuBlauLOL

I live in Indonesia..

The shipping price looks good, but noone knows what will happen in the customs.. Im afraid it will be classified as expensive stuff just because "Tomix" brand. You know my country is the most corrupted in southeast asia.

Also actually i have replaced it before back then in 2007, but it seems to be very fragile, isnt it?

anyway is it possible to use power coupler rings instead of those couplers?

I have this train and never thought about having replacement couplers....not many trains use this design of couplers.

Edited by Bernard

[...]

Also actually i have replaced it before back then in 2007, but it seems to be very fragile, isnt it?

[...]

....not many trains use this design of couplers.

If this is the second coupler that you broke, maybe you should buy a few so you have a future stockpile. And then you can have the package marked "surplus parts" for customs purposes.  :)

Rich K.

anyway is it possible to use power coupler rings instead of those couplers?

Hi Yesi think it is possible. I do not have the exact details nor have I tried on my own to change to power couplers, it would seem possible with this part: http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10273868

Yes i felt that the TN couplers are kinda fragile when I had the 800 series, perhaps the connection was too rigid and hard to separate them, often ending in damages. Not much models do carry the TN couplers so it will be tough to get spares.

there is a whole older version 800 for about 7000 yen on yahoo at the moment.  lots of spares then.

That's a nice way of looking at it. Good suggestion. A newer set too might help ~

i just had a look at my 800 set i really don`t think they could be put on this it would not fit the body was not made the same way as the 500 that has no power ring.

the 500 had a very similar coupler before the power ring coupler came out, there for i do think that is possible but not on the 800.

if by some crazy chance it can go on. it will indeed 100% make the train a whole 4 mm higher off the ground. What is it a off rail shinkansen :dontknow:

Edited by keitaro