Kato Koki 200 - 8042

Guest keio6000

Guest keio6000

8042.jpg

I had four of these in my collection and was very happy with them.  However, my understanding of these is that the price has shot up quite significantly in the aftermarket on these.  Hence, I was quite happy to find 3 more in a local ebay auction at a very reasonable (well below retail price) price.

Truth be told, the flatcar, really is nothing special (and desperately needs a coupler exchange), but the gas vessels loaded on them have quite a bit of 'eye interest'.   I haven't even bothered to figure out where these run protoypically (update: Kamikoa mining company in the Hida area) - I just figure they look good and will give one of my lesser used locos a nice (and now longer!) consist.

Edited by keio6000

Like everything model train wise. Once something has been out of production for a while, supply dries up, sellers command their own pieces.

then a production run happens, and prices drop. The 8042-1 JOT tank version is soon to be re-released. So may be the reason for picking up a few at lower prices.

Kagoshima to Nagoya and Nagoya to Gifu is where you'll find them. Normally you'll see one added to the end of a normal consist.

I'm waiting for Tomix to do a re-release to get my first one. I'm not paying $28USD for one.

Edited by katoftw
Guest keio6000

I'm waiting for Tomix to do a re-release to get my first one. I'm not paying $28USD for one.

This is a kato released, and I paid only a little more than that for all three :)

Plus, the JOT ones are not as attractive in my view :)

Yes, figured they went to Nagoya.  Still, with freight I am very flexible as to my collection, geographywise.  I'm not going to skip something as beautiful as the M250 or these for that matter simply because they geographically don't fit in with the rest of my collection.

Incidentally, this isn't that expensive, at least in situ, and is a really cool thing to store your trains in if you can find a cool place for it (possibly with a little refurbishment):  http://page8.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/auction/h177275506

Nick_Burman

8042.jpg

I had four of these in my collection and was very happy with them.  However, my understanding of these is that the price has shot up quite significantly in the aftermarket on these.  Hence, I was quite happy to find 3 more in a local ebay auction at a very reasonable (well below retail price) price.

Truth be told, the flatcar, really is nothing special (and desperately needs a coupler exchange), but the gas vessels loaded on them have quite a bit of 'eye interest'.   I haven't even bothered to figure out where these run protoypically (update: Kamikoa mining company in the Hida area) - I just figure they look good and will give one of my lesser used locos a nice (and now longer!) consist.

In fact these are sulphuric acid tankers, owned by the Kamioka Copper Company. Even the tankers are history as Kamioka quit smelting years ago.

Cheers NB