Greetings From Central Texas

ATShinkansen

ATShinkansen

Hello,

I have known about this forum for some time, and a few days ago decided to go ahead and jump in. I am a current model railroader in American and European HO scale and 3-rail O gauge (no layout in either scale yet, however), but have a strong interest in Japanese trains and would like to enter the world of Japanese N scale soon. I am also interested in other Japanese subjects, such as Godzilla, sushi, and anime (I do hold reservations on a lot of the content matter out there, though). I do hope to find information and inspiration on this forum to help me better understand Japanese railroading, both model and prototype, as well as the nation that daily depends on them.

Aaron

Aaron,

Welcome to the forum! I think you will find a lot of interesting and useful information here as well as other Japanese train modelers and fans alike! It's a pretty friendly crowd. Poke around a bit and ask questions.

Lots of have similar side interests in Japan and Japanese culture and it bubbles up here on the list.

How about some Shinkansen chopsticks to eat your sushi with train style!

http://www.modeltrainplus.net/search?q=Chopstick

Goji is a big player around with most of us as well and comes stomping into many Japanese layouts!

Will look forward to your start in Japanese N scale, keep us posted on what you get into!

Cheers

Jeff

Ps where intexas do you hail from? My father's whole huge extended clan is all w.in 60 miles radius of Fort Worth area, we are the only escapees!

Mudkip Orange

Hola from Houston. There's a couple of us down here... we did a display at the Houston Japan Fest this year, it was quite enjoyable.

Doh! How could I forget to mention the Houston boys!

There were also a few Japanese modelers in the DFW that had formed a small mp group like 8-9 years back, that were going to do a very large club modular/sectional layout of Tokyo area rail, but life seemed to happen and not heard from any of them for a while now.

Also I think a few of the north Texas ttrak group do a little Japanese now and again.

Jeff

ATShinkansen

Those Shinkansen chopsticks actually do look very tempting!

I live in Round Rock, which is about 15 miles or so north of Austin, so I'm quite far from either of those metroplexes.

Ahh the problem with Texas, its big! Perhaps a holiday to Houston for the next jtrain event there!

The chopsticks are very fun! About to use them on some tempura and sushi here in a little bit! They always make me smile, and that is always good.

Cheers

Jeff

ATShinkansen

Just had to say that I broke down and bought the chopsticks--one of each set! :rolleyes: I'm looking forward to their arrival.

Ha! I think you will like them. They always make me smile and that's just plain good!

BTW did you see my post on the take out sushi trays? They make great little project trays/storage boxes! Another excuse for more sushi along with the new chopsticks!

Cheers

Jeff

Edited by cteno4
ATShinkansen

No, I did not. Is that post elsewhere on the forum?

I did see the JNR dishes on that website, though. That coffee mug has caught my attention...

ATShinkansen

That is a really good idea. I need to keep that in mind.

I'll have plenty of sushi questions for the "Other Hobbies" sub-forum as I eventually want to make my own.