Greenmax Plasser & Theurer Multiple Tie Tamper

Claude_Dreyfus

Claude_Dreyfus

Right, following the issues with my unit, I contacted HS to work out next steps. It was duly returned to Japan for repair, and finally arrived at chez Dreyfus this morning. The plan is to quickly try to test it tonight, but an initial check indicated that the motor wheels are no longer free-wheeling and the motor appears to be securely fastened!   

One thing which has come out from this is the quality of service from Hobby Search; who have been excellent. They offered a full refund on my return postage - and refunded within 10 minutes of me providing a receipt. Their communication has also been first-rate. Even with the quality of Japanese models, it is still a bit of a risk buying 'blind' something from the opposite side of the world. It gives you considerably more confidence when you know the shop you are dealing with is completely trust-worthy.

Quick edit: Have now tested it. A little noisy, but it works fine. Happy chappy!

Edited by Claude_Dreyfus
  • Like 3

One thing which has come out from this is the quality of service from Hobby Search; who have been excellent. They offered a full refund on my return postage - and refunded within 10 minutes of me providing a receipt. Their communication has also been first-rate. Even with the quality of Japanese models, it is still a bit of a risk buying 'blind' something from the opposite side of the world. It gives you considerably more confidence when you know the shop you are dealing with is completely trust-worthy.

HS has EXCELLENT customer service. I bought an Odoriko second-hand and the instruction sheet was messed up. On a whim I emailed HS and asked if I could purchase one from Kato through them. Not only were they able to get me one but they shipped it to me EMS free of charge. Granted it was only a manual but still, that level of service to fix something that I didn't even from them. From what I understand AmiAmi has a similar quality of service.

HLJ...well let's just say I limit what I buy from them anymore to what I know I can contact the manufacturer directly if anything is broken/missing (Kotobukiya/Good Smile Company/Bandai). 

• Like 1

is anyone else excited by the possible re-release of the GreenMax 4709 Multiple Tie Tamper 09-16 + Material Wagon Plasser & Theurer

I know I am how about you?

EDIT: After reading the GreenMax thread on this item Im not too sure what to think.

If you want some n scale mow the options are pretty small. It’s a decent model. Lubing mine got it running smoother and less noise. I still need to add some light shielding and put a current limiter in to cut the lighting down a lot. Was also thinking of adding some 0201 leds down in the work area 

jeff

Hi,

I have made the light LED 2mm x 2mm for my own siding machine . I get the energy from the Diesellamp via current-carrying magnetic coupler for the 2 front-lights of the Mow-machine.

gleisstopfm.jpg

• Like 2