Baltic railways

BalticRailways

Thank You for the comment. Please let me know on which video You mean the freight dock? If with diesel locomotive TEP70-0332, on the right side it is a grain elevator :-)

In the previous video called ТЭП70-0235 с пассажирским поездом / TEP70-0235 with a passenger train, immediately at the beginning of the video on the right there are about 6 light posts, maybe an equipment cabinet or phonebooth-sized building, and a concrete surface on the ground. What is that?

BalticRailways

In the previous video called ТЭП70-0235 с пассажирским поездом / TEP70-0235 with a passenger train, immediately at the beginning of the video on the right there are about 6 light posts, maybe an equipment cabinet or phonebooth-sized building, and a concrete surface on the ground. What is that?

It is a stop for passenger pick up, called "Santaka". It's a small village :-)

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) diesel freight locomotive 2M62M-1199 with a freight train, Valciunai - Jasiunai stretch, Lithuania

BalticRailways

Latvian railways (LDz) freight diesel locomotive 2M62U-0087 with a military train, passes through Meskuiciai station, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight-passenger diesel locomotive M62K-1091 with a train Vilnius - Varena, departs from Rudiskes station, Lithuania

• Like 2
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0235 with a fast passenger train Vilnius - Klaipeda, Paneriai - Lentvaris stretch, Lithuania 

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotive Siemens Eurorunner ER20CF-039 with a freight train, passes through Meskuiciai station, Lithuania

• Like 1

Based on the amount of smoke a non modernised m62 makes, i always wonder if a steam locomotive would have a better fuel economy. (some steamers do run on regular diesel nowdays as bunker c is not available anymore)

Btw: Are those passenger cars the same type that was made in N by piko ages ago? (if yes, then the m62 is available in N from fleischmann, so a repaint would allow this train to be modelled in N)

BalticRailways

Belarusian railway (BCh) freight diesel locomotives 2TE10U-0163 (Gomel depot) and 2TE10M-3546 (Vitebsk depot) heading back to Belarus, Valciunai - Jasiunai stretch, Lithuania 

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger electric multiple unit (EMU) class ER9M-381 going by route Vilnius - Trakai, departs from Vilnius, Lithuania

• Like 3
BalticRailways

Cool video.  The train looks wide as it approaches, is it 1520mm track?

Thank You. Yes, it is on 1520 mm rail gauge. Mostly of our railway lines are 1520 mm (russian gauge). We have only a part of 1435 (EU) mm and 750 mm (narrow).

BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70BS-003 with a fast passenger train Moscow - Kaliningrad, Vilnius - Paneriai stretch, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger locomotive TEP70BS-003 with a passenger train Nr. 147 Moscow - Kaliningrad, Palemonas - Rokai stretch, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Nice vid.  Do you have any pictures of the interior of the passenger cars?

Yes I have. You can take a look here:

Type: sleeping car type "kupe" which has got about 36 places in one carriage:

kupeiniy-vagon.jpg

82899_mordovia_vagon.jpg

Type: sleeping car type "plackart" which has got about 54 places in one carriage:

IMG_1116.jpg

plaz-vagon.jpg

Type: sleeping car type "sV" which has got about 18 places in one carriage:

phoca_thumb_l_sozh4.jpg

Mainly such carriages are going through that I have placed videos here :)

Edited by BalticRailways
  • Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) diesel freight locomotive 2M62UM-0383 with a loaded freight train, Rokai - Palemonas stretch, Lithuania

BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotives ER20CF-012 and ER20CF-038 with a freight train and TEP70-0335 with a fast train Sankt-Peterburg - Kaliningrad, Zasliai station, Lithuania

• Like 1

Lithuanian railways (LG) freight diesel locomotives ER20CF-012 and ER20CF-038 with a freight train and TEP70-0335 with a fast train Sankt-Peterburg - Kaliningrad, Zasliai station, Lithuania

The passenger train looks particularly good with the snow swirling around a bit beneath it.  What are the average high and low temperatures in this area in February?   Looks pretty cold :)

I'm curious about the width of the catenary supports - are more tracks planned here, or have some been removed?

BalticRailways

The passenger train looks particularly good with the snow swirling around a bit beneath it.  What are the average high and low temperatures in this area in February?   Looks pretty cold :)

Thanks for asking. Well, this year we have only -5 max. But, for example, last year on February we had -20. This video was taken on 2016.01.02, it waso cold, about -16.

BalticRailways

I'm curious about the width of the catenary supports - are more tracks planned here, or have some been removed?

I really can't answer Your question right know, but it might be that there was one more track line. I need to check older photos. :)