Baltic railways

BalticRailways

BalticRailways

Diesel shunting locomotive TEM2-966 (UAB "Vilnius locomotive repair depot) and Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70M-0249 departing from Vilnius station for testings with a passenger train, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Thanks for the post.  Is the TEP70 running?  The TEP2 is comparable to DE10, 1184hp.  Looks like a lot of train for a switcher.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PKP_class_SM48

It was a testing for that passenger diesel locomotive called TEP70M (M means - modernized). It was modernized with a new engine, MTU 20 cylinders. On the video You can see TEM2 working only (diesel shunting locomotive Nr. 996 built in 1971). Yes, in Poland these shunting locos are called SM48 or "Tamara" if I remember good. Originally it is called TEM-2 like it was from russian factories. Nova days our railways (Lithuanian railways) have sold about 13 pcs of these TEM-2s to Azerbaidzan. This one TEM2-966 belongs for private company and is in perfect condition :)

BalticRailways

Belarusian railways (BCh) DMU DR1B-??? going by route Vilnius - Minsk, departs from Vilnius station, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) diesel freight locomotive ER20CF-034 with a military train (equipment and vehicles from America), Gaiziunai - Jonava stretch, Lithuania 

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Belarusian railways (BCh) DMU DR1B-512 going by route Grodno - Vilnius, Jasiunai - Valciunai stretch, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Latvian railways (LDz) freight diesel locomotive 2M62U-0010 with a loaded train and diesel shunting locomotive CHME3-3620 meets each other. Krustpils - Ozolsala stretch, Latvia

BalticRailways

Belarusian railway (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10UK-0390 (Gomel depot) with a mixed freight train, Vaidotai station, Lithuania

Where's video of those ChS4. Saw some in Kiev way back in 2001. When I went there looking for a wife with some other guys. Thank God, I came to my sense and hung out at the train station watching all the unique stuff they had. Which I suspect those ChS4 have been retired. But, most unusual looking locomotive - hence, wonder when Kato or somebody will start making a few in N gauge.

Edited by Kb4iuj
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0347 with a fast passenger train Vilnius - Klaipeda, Sateikiai - Kulupenai stretch, Lithuania

BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0347 with a fast passenger train Klaipeda - Vilnius, departing Jonava station, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Belarusian railway (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10MK-3138 (Vitebsk depot) with an empty freight train heading back to Belarus, Valciunai - Jasiunai stretch, Lithuania

Latvian railways (LDz) freight diesel locomotives 2M62U-0268 with a mixed freight train, Daugava - Krustpils stretch and 2TE116-662 with a freight train, Plavinas - Krustpils stretch, Latvia

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Belarusian railway (BCh) freight diesel locomotive 2TE10M-3108 (Vitebsk depot) with a heavy loaded mixed freight train, Jasiunai - Valciunai stretch, Lithuania

BalticRailways

Belarusian railways (BCh) passenger diesel locomotive TEP60-0780 (Vitebsk depot) with a passenger train Kaliningrad - Sankt-Peterburg, Vilnius - Naujoji Vilnia stretch, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Latvian railways (LDz) freight diesel locomotive 2M62U-0113 with an empty coal train and freight diesel locomotive 2TE116-1060 (AO Baltijas Tranzita Serviss) with a loaded oil train, Krustpils station, Latvia

BalticRailways

Diesel shunting locomotive TEM2-3276 (owned by private company "UAB Gargzdu gelezinkelis") with a heavy loaded freight train heading to the port of Klaipeda, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0332 with a fast passenger train Vilnius - Klaipeda, passes through Kretinga station, Lithuania

• Like 1
BalticRailways

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0235 with a special passenger train for railway men heading to Ignalina for celebration, Bezdonys - Pabrade stretch, Lithuania

• Like 1
Mudkip Orange

Lithuanian railways (LG) passenger diesel locomotive TEP70-0332 with a fast passenger train Vilnius - Klaipeda, passes through Kretinga station, Lithuania

What sort of speeds am I seeing in this video? Seems faster than 130 klicks.

BalticRailways

Is that a small freight dock or something on the right?

Thank You for the comment. Please let me know on which video You mean the freight dock? If with diesel locomotive TEP70-0332, on the right side it is a grain elevator :-)

BalticRailways

What sort of speeds am I seeing in this video? Seems faster than 130 klicks.

The speed of the passenger train is aprox. 100-110km/h.

BalticRailways

Narrow gauge railway (Aukstaitijos siaurasis gelezinkelis) diesel locomotive TU2-093 with a passenger train Anyksciai - Rubikiai, Anyksciai region , Lithuania

• Like 1