Tomix N1 controller wont get turned on

HantuBlauLOL

HantuBlauLOL

So i have a N1 controller from tomix that i bought back in '07. I have 2 controllers. so far only used one, but now i need to use the second, since im going to double-track my layout.

Yesterday i tested it and that thing just operates like normal, then i turned it off. About 1 hours later, i tried to turn it on but it refuses. The indicator light is off also, but there is no smell of burned electronics..

Anyone here ever get the same problem? how to fix it?

So far im still afraid to open it up, since its sealed..

Edited by HantuBlauLOL

Try unplugging it, waiting for a few minutes, then plugging it in. Also checking that it does get power from the socket could help. (for example by pluging in something simple, like a table lamp) If you use a voltage converter (for example230V to 100V), then that could be broken too. Using the wrong converter (like a 230V to 110V for a 100V japanese device) could also damage the controller. If the controller does get the right input voltage, then checking it for a resettable fuse could also help. (tough i don't rember that model having one, but i might be wrong).

Connecting the outputs of two controllers could burn them out, so common rail wiring should never be used with modern tomix controllers. All rail joins between two controllers should be isolated on both rails and only crossed when both controllers are at the matching polarity. This could be avoided when the turnouts are set up in a way that the crossing direction disconnects the power from one of the controllers and connects the crossing sections to the other only.

HantuBlauLOL

The voltage converter is just fine so far, used it for my another controller and still no problem yet for a week (i retired from this hobby long time ago because of space problem and just getting back from 2 weeks ago)

Well, i think i should check its output anyway..

I never used 2 of them on the same track before

But there was some spark on the rail because of loose track joiner. I replaced them like day before the controller died, though