Kabutoni

Hello all,  in two weekends it's back again! The JNMA.

The JNMA is an annual event where small manufacturers and 2nd hand model train dealers get together and sell their stuff. Sometimes at very low prices that can't be beaten! There is rare stuff to be found as well there! There will also be a T-Trak meeting and a temp. H0-gauge layout, like the years before.

http://www.jnma.com/

Date and prices:

- 5th July (11:00 to 16:30) entry fee ¥500, free for the ladies and kids (to junior-high grade);

- 6th July (10:00 to 16:00) entry free.

Tokyo Metropolitan Industrial Trade Centre

- Easy to reach with the Yamanote line or Tōkyō Monorail (Hamamatsuchō) or Yurikamome line (Takeshiba)

- http://www.sanbo.metro.tokyo.jp/

I'll be there on Sunday with a few friends. Not because of the entry fee, but because of (fun) family priorities. Things I'll be looking for is Yellow Train add-ons for Keisei trains, a cheap MA Hokusō 7000 model to use as a base for my Housing and Urban Development Corporation 2000 type kit and so on. Keisei related crap as usual. The hunt is on!

See you there!

Edited by Toni Babelony

Oh exciting! Wish I could go there!

I find the kids and ladies free entry rather interesting... Giving the increasing amount of female rail fans... It kinda reminded me when there was a Lego show and we went down as early as the mall opens to queue up there for bargains!

I find the kids and ladies free entry rather interesting... Giving the increasing amount of female rail fans... It kinda reminded me when there was a Lego show and we went down as early as the mall opens to queue up there for bargains!

The atmosphere is very tense and it's very busy. Because it's Japan, things don't end up in fist fights, but as a girl, I'd rather not go there in the early hours. It's a macho world... A very self-centred one unfortunately. But hey! Cheap trains! :D

The Next Station Is...

I'd love to be there! I'd also love to know what the best way to find out about events like this would be... anyway, hope you have fun!

Much cheaper than these kinda shows than in the Netherlands... have fun! I will be doing something entirely different that weekend: shooting pics of the new tram series and a tram parade in my home town!

Here are some pictures of the JNMA T-Trak module layout. These are the only things I actually photographed that day, since there wasn't much more to see actually. Mostly vendors and a boring H0 'layout' (a big circuit without any scenery).

I applied for a membership of T-Trak as well, so I should slowly start thinking about building my own module (words like 'the wife will be furious', 'keep it a secret' and 'I know man' fell). It's a very friendly and informal club, but they see some exposure in magazines like RM Models. I think a very interesting time is about to start on the modelling front! I'll be bringing some of my Enoden trains and Meitetsu trams to Japan from the Netherlands in a week or two!

post-188-0-99278100-1404698960_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-76407000-1404698963_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-36307600-1404698968_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-67890300-1404698975_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-65031800-1404698980_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-21938100-1404698987_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-16577700-1404698992_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-12003500-1404699000_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-76490500-1404699005_thumb.jpg

post-188-0-81515300-1404699008_thumb.jpg

Edited by Toni Babelony
  • Like 1

Great stuff tony, looks like a great club to join up with. At least little ttrak module will be easy to hide!

Jeff

Thanks for the pictures Toni! Nice little T-modules joined together!

Hey wait!

In picture number 4 (img00124) in the upper right hand corner, is that a Tetsudo Hobby train? The slowest shinkansen in Japan! Never knew there was a model on this! Is it made by a fan?

In picture number 4 (img00124) in the upper right hand corner, is that a Tetsudo Hobby train? The slowest shinkansen in Japan! Never knew there was a model on this! Is it made by a fan?

Nope, those are made by fans. I think one of them was made by YouTube user shinpoSHI, since he was also present at the convention. Not sure if I met him or not though xD

brill27mcb

Very interesting single-track end loop modules, using Tomix street track kits and Mini-Rail track in the station.

Rich K.

The more interurbans I see the more dangerous it gets.

I'll be bringing some of my Enoden trains and Meitetsu trams to Japan from the Netherlands in a week or two!

I already found it strange I never saw those in your pics in Japan. :P

Need any of your trains I have lying around?

Martijn Meerts

Seeing those T-Trak modules makes me want to pick that up again... I really need to figure out a better way to be able to get stuff done without it taking a long time to set up all the tools and everything. I think I need to convert a room in my house into a tiny little workshop :)

Yeah I finally have my vacation now as well, so I have lots of time now! Gotta start up my ballasting tests again soon, but you know that ballasting is something you postpone.

I expected all rooms in your house to be a workshop Martijn, I am disappoint. You really need to be able to install decoders in the bathroom.

Martijn Meerts

Well, my vacation is over already, was ill during most of it too, so didn't get that much done ;)

As for the house.. The upstairs room where the trains are is already partially a workshop, but it's a bit of a mess, and not the most comfortable to do things like decoder installs or work on T-Trak modules. My bedroom is a part-workshop as well, where I've done most things so far, but with all the building kits and decoders installs and whatnot, it's starting to turn into a mess. I have another small room which was supposed to be a hobby room for my mother, but she never uses it, so.......

I'm thinking of getting a new desk for my bedroom, and moving the old one into the small room. It's quite a nice desk with plenty space to do stuff, and since it's already damaged all over, it'd be a good work space. It might even be a decent room for airbrushing come to think of it ...

Hmm.. Time to have a look at the Ikea site =)

Hmm.. Time to have a look at the Ikea site =)

Coincidentally I'm doing the same. :) I need a new desk anyway and my old desk will be degraded (or promoted depending how you look at it) to hobby desk.