Zenmen tenbou goes mainstream?

bikkuri bahn

bikkuri bahn

When whiling away the hours on board a lengthy flight, passengers have long found solace in a Hollywood blockbuster, a favourite TV series or the latest music on tap.

But their journeys are about to get a whole lot calmer, as British Airways launches a new genre of entertainment: Slow TV.

BA flights will now include a dedicated programme of quiet, meandering television, with a screening of an entire seven-hour-long train journey from Bergen to Oslo.

The programme will take viewers through the duration of the train ride, with no commentary of events to liven things up.

The journey-within-a-journey has been inspired by a trend for “slow TV”, which is already popular in Scandinavia for its relaxing, undemanding qualities.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/aviation/10920116/British-Airways-launches-in-flight-slow-TV-with-seven-hour-film-of-train-journey.html

*I hope ANA or JAL does the same thing.  Certainly there is plenty of material out there.

Nice. Although, I find zenmen tenbou videos at least a bit engaging, as I must then go to Google maps and search for various line side structures and sights :grin

Davo Dentetsu

Oh, that's the one on YouTube known as Railway Relay?  Great trip, although that one is set to techno and chillout music.