Sign in to follow this  
Melandir

Japanese steam loco sound

Melandir

HI all,

I need your help, I have bought a Microace A9536 D51-498 to mate it with my orient express

I'd like to add a sound decoder too it if there is enough space in the tender,

do you know were i can get sounds for this Loco? there is anything specific or I must use some generic steam loco sounds?

thanks for your help

Edited by Melandir

westfalen

I've used MRC 1956 steam sound decoders in my Kato D51s and selected a whistle that sounded closest to a Japanese loco, they have very American sounding whistles.  You should be able to download correct sounds into a Loksound decoder but finding the sounds would be the challenge.

Nick_Burman

I've used MRC 1956 steam sound decoders in my Kato D51s and selected a whistle that sounded closest to a Japanese loco, they have very American sounding whistles.  You should be able to download correct sounds into a Loksound decoder but finding the sounds would be the challenge.

For a D51 one needs a decoder with a Nathan 5-chime whistle - Japanese wartime locos were fitted with copies of this kind of whistle.

Cheers NB

westfalen

The MRC decoder has 16 different whistles to choose from but nowhere can I find specfic details of what each one is so I just picked the one that sounded most like I remembered Japanese whistles to sound like.

Melandir

Thanks guys

I have found locksound decoders with japanese sounds but they cost over 50% more than an already expensive locksound

I'll first have to see if there is enough space left for sound

Edited by Melandir