Chassis for Yuki Miku - Sapporo City Transportation Bureau Series 3300

mattdwnunder

mattdwnunder

I am interested in the Yuki Miku - Sapporo City Transportation Bureau Series 3300 kit.  The kit comes unpowered and I am looking for advice on an appropriate chassis that will require limited modification to make an accurate model.  Ideally I would like to have limited visibility of the motor in the body of the tram.  Advice on a replacement pantograph would also be appreciated.

Krackel Hopper

I am keeping an eye on this thread. I have all the Yuki Miku trams and would like to motorize one day.

I'm sure it can be done but may require extensive modifications to get a motor to fit.

JNRModelsNick

Hi Matt. I've used the Tomytec TM-TR01 mech and it works a treat! The chassis can be extended so the wheel base looks correct. It's not %100 super-duper spot on but it works fantastically! Only thing is with the kit parts, you need to sand down the clear pieces for the windows so you don't have any extra overhang underneath the windows. It doesn't change the appearance of the model at all, but it needs to be shaved back cause it gets in the way of the chassis frame. I've actually been meaning to make an article about scratch building with TT mechs on my website. I'll drop a link here when I get round to it :)

• Like 1
Davo Dentetsu

I believe an interesting solution has been found.  Hopefully he will post pics of it soon.

Nick,

Thanks, I thought that might be the mech and I also thought the windows would need some work as they seemed pretty thick! Sounds like a winner!

Now to get a mech to try!

Cheers,

Jeff

Have to admit, I've been tempted on getting one of these now they are on Super Sale at HobbySearch. Can't imagine a powering it though...

Look above easy peasy $26 mech sand the bottom of the windows and done!

Nick, thanks for the great step by step!

Jeff

Alas super sale is over at hs and they are back to $25. Maybe when the sale is on next there will be some left.

Jeff

meh, no loss. I may be relocating and would have to cast off most all my stuff, so little pint in buying and adding more strains.

JNRModelsNick

Well its well worth the $25 with the whole kit. Problem is now I've got 3 Sapporo clock towers :P They make a regular non wrapping version of the tram too with OTHER buildings in the kit which I'm temtped by. The only problem with that one is the body isn't one piece, the walls are all attached separately. That MIGHT not be so strong and might come apart of I try and push a mech into it. Don't know if the dimensions will be the same, but if I get one I'll post a pic of my attempts!

Glad I could be of help. I want to post up more of this kind of stuff. Don't want the JNR site to just be "look at what we are selling". It's good to have a balance :)

Nick

What other fujimi kits like this have you seen and where? Only seen the wrapping Sapporo trams at hs from fujimi.

Jeff

Ahh interesting. Little pagoda looks a bit under scale. Wonder why this is listed in the military section of hs?

Jeff

ATShinkansen

I know this is a super old thread, but I just purchased a 2013 Yuki Miku streetcar kit a couple of weeks ago from a local anime shop.  I don’t plan to motorize mine, but I did check the wheelsets and found they are a bit under gauge for N scale track.  Anyone try anything to remedy this?  I’m thinking a small static scene with some Kato R150/183 curves I have that are too tight for my other trains.