Modemo Green Mover: My solution to it's problems.

enoden

I've been researching the problems inherent with the Modemo Green Mover articulated tram and have come to the conclusion that any potential solution in regard to modifying the car to solve those problems is impossible to achieve with my limited abilities.  So, I have taken a different approach and designed a micro layout on which to run the car that will mask the various problems and allow the car to perform adequately and be visually appealing.  The solution: a perfect circle wherein the car will never have to attempt to straighten itself.  I know that this is not the ideal solution that we all desire, but it permits me to get the tram out of the box and run it in a way that is not visually offensive.  

post-1285-0-11838900-1402318770_thumb.jpg

post-1285-0-91746200-1402318776_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Ha! Brilliant! Perpetual turn! Put it on a lazy Susan and a little motor so the trams stay still and the scene turns! Very cute!

Sigh wish there was a fix! Mine had one of the universal joints come loose on it last time I ran it at a ttrak streetcar setup last year. I noticed it running oddly (well for it) and went to pick it up and quite hot! So hot there is now a fingerprint in one of the windows over the motor. Opened it up and found the loose universal joint on on side of the motor. I guess the throttle just kept getting turned up to keep speed with the one side slowly loosing power due to the slipping joint. I glided the joint back to the driveshaft (could find no cracks in it to explain the slipping) and it still runs but rougher. Sigh. Such a disappointing tram.

Hope now is that with tomytec successfully doing a 3 segment tram (hopefully the will do the Nagasaki 3segment version of the Siemens) they will go for the 5 segment greenmover, but I guess there is only one shell to sell in Japan for that...

Jeff