Tomytec moving bus

Pauljag900

Ha ha,thanks for the comments!Not! Lol

The controller was on half power and turned half way,so basically 1/4 power,it was nt actually as fast as it looked,I think it was the shite camera I used,ha ha,anyway I ve sold it now so it's someone else's problem,lol

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 1

Hi Gerryo,yes mate,the bus track also comes in a 66 mm radius,so you could have two trams on the outside running on 177mm and 140mm radius and the double bus lane running on 103mm and 66mm radius on the inside,of course you do nt have to run everything side by side,but you could,if you wanted you could also have one bus on the outside running on 204 mm radius!ha ha,not sure how that would look!The diference between the tram and the bus is that the tram runs in the tracks so tends to bind as it goes around the tight curves where the bus is just running on top of the road so this does nt happen.you can overcome this by turning the speed up slightly but then it looks like it's going too fast On the straights,as my video shows.On my video the set up was ,

Inside bus lane. 103mm

Inner tram track. 140mm

Outer tram track. 177mm

Outer bus lane. 204mm

Also all tomix track,tram and bus come with small clips that simply push on to hold the two radius together

Hope this helps mate,

Regards

Paul

Edited by Pauljag900

As many people may know, Tomytec had made a U.S. prototype "Old Look" GMC bus, in 3 color schemes. It has also produced a new power chassis for this bus body, which has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, headlights and taillights. These are apparently made exclusively for Walthers, the main U.S. model railroad distributor, which now imports some of the Tomytec product line.

The buses and chassis were a quick sell-out in the U.S., even with high prices compared to the Japanese market. A big part of the higher price for the power chassis, beyond the Walthers mark-up, is the technology upgrade compared to the early, Japan-market bus power chassis.

There is a good review, with disassembly photos, here:

http://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=38828.0

I was fortunate enough to be able to get 2 buses and power chassis for them. Everyone here is hoping they will order a second production run. There is also a right-side operation bus stop pull-off straight roadway made for Walthers.

Rich K.

As many people may know, Tomytec had made a U.S. prototype "Old Look" GMC bus, in 3 color schemes. It has also produced a new power chassis for this bus body, which has a rechargeable lithium-ion battery, headlights and taillights. These are apparently made exclusively for Walthers, the main U.S. model railroad distributor, which now imports some of the Tomytec product line.

The buses and chassis were a quick sell-out in the U.S., even with high prices compared to the Japanese market. A big part of the higher price for the power chassis, beyond the Walthers mark-up, is the technology upgrade compared to the early, Japan-market bus power chassis.

There is a good review, with disassembly photos, here:

http://www.therailwire.net/forum/index.php?topic=38828.0

I was fortunate enough to be able to get 2 buses and power chassis for them. Everyone here is hoping they will order a second production run. There is also a right-side operation bus stop pull-off straight roadway made for Walthers.

Rich K.

Excellent review and I hope they adopt this new chassis for their Japanese style 1/150 chassis

Never heard of this foreign prototype bus actually. Now I'm intrigued to get one myself! I wonder if they are available here in Japan.

Interesting... A good leap and hopefully be released for the Japanese market too! I am very interested in the headlights and taillights function, though i'll rather much choose batteries over lithium-ion batteries... The need for recharge and unknown running time is questionable for me...

• Like 1