Fictional/What If Repaints

Davo Dentetsu

Davo Dentetsu

Found an interesting experiment on the internet (that darned internet):

E351 getting the royal treatment seems to make... intriguing viewing.  Anyone seen any others or had a go themselves at it?

That's interesting, it's kind of the next step after uso-den images.  The quality (and taste, actually) of those varies greatly.

Oh wow! Royal E351! This guy is good! He can possibly make anything Royal train! How about a Royal shinkansen?   :)

There aren't too many people who do this kind of thing, but there are some. I for instance have an unpainted and modernised Keisei 3100 type laying around that awaits a fictional paint job (Shibayama? Chiba Express?).

Usually these things are done as a joke and are usually poorly executed. It's very hard to come by websites or people who actually go beyond the joke and step into the semi-realistic/fictional realm with this. Here is a guy I already know for a few years now who has done some nice and finely done fantasy models: http://hkuma.com/rail/srrcar/srrcar01.html Very inspirational stuff!

Oh wow! Royal E351! This guy is good! He can possibly make anything Royal train! How about a Royal shinkansen?   :)

Wut?

81.5.26_0%20.jpg

081106-6.JPG

Nice Toni! There really was an imperial Shinkansen! Any latest version types, like 500 or N700?

By the way, the E351 done by that guys looks really good!

Davo Dentetsu

Heh, always wondered what the Pom Poko-esque stripe was on that thing.  So subtle.  :D

Martijn Meerts

Hmmm.. It's not shiny enough.. And not pearlescent enough by the looks of it .. Of course, both of those can still be achieved :)

I'd love to repaint some Japanese trains in some other country liveries. In particular I think the Kintetsu 21000 would look quite nice in the old Countrylink livery or the Swallow Livery from British Rail.

4qKEoDc.png

The blue shades and white all over the 21000 rather than just on the end cars like in that picture would look quite nice I think.

• Like 1