What countries are we from?

alpineaustralia

I live in Zurich, Switzerland which is home to this train-station:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Z%C3%BCrich_Hauptbahnhof

My place is just a 10 minute walk from the station.....

I was there with my travel buddy back in 2007 staying for a nite before heading off to Germany.  Zurich is such a nice city with excellent train and tram services.  The city is also very walkable and compact.

Ehrm, I don't think I've posted in this thread before, so here it goes.

I was born in Utrecht, the Netherlands. At my 18th I moved to Leiden to study Japanology. After two years I left, because of the appalling education situation there, for Bonn, Germany. Now I've finished studying Japanese and switched to Asian Religious and Religious Art Studies where I'm intend to write my BA as well. After that I'll be moving back to the Netherlands.

The place where I now live is the old station building from Buschdorf on the line 16 (ex-Rheinbahn from the KBE) from the SWB and KVB. Every 20/30 mins. a direct connection to Bonn and Cologne and a few supermarkets nearby to boost. A quiet neighbourhood, so not much to complain :grin

Ah yes, attached is a photograph of the station around 1963, when it was still in function.

post-224-13569923998827_thumb.jpg

The trackwork around that station would make a most excellent minirail layout.

Imagine trying to do that as a physical layout--you'd have to buy stock in your favorite model-track maker, and rent a warehouse!

Reminds me of the guy who modelled Stuttgart HBf in N scale:

http://www.freymodell.de/1.html

The place where I now live is the old station building from Buschdorf on the line 16 (ex-Rheinbahn from the KBE) from the SWB and KVB. Every 20/30 mins. a direct connection to Bonn and Cologne and a few supermarkets nearby to boost. A quiet neighbourhood, so not much to complain :grin

Any apartments available in your building?  ;-)

On 5/29/2009 at 4:46 PM, alpineaustralia said:

Well, let me give you guys more details about me.

Born in Egypt and came to Sydney, Australia as an infant about 39 years ago.

I can speak (but cannot read and write) Arabic.

And yes... before you ask....Egypt does have a train network.

dear alpineaustralia , where was you living in egypt ?