Hello from Gothenburg, Sweden

FredrikB

Hi all,

Long time every-now-and-then lurker finally gone member.

Until now I've been mostly into French N gauge, but as of late I am beginning to get Shinkansen curious -- expanding on the high speed theme, I guess. I also have one of those cute Tomytec Portrams sitting on my desk waiting for me to muster the courage for a decoder install.

At present I don't have a layout of my own (other than the Kato Unitrack train testing oval on my desk), but I have participated in a few module layout meetings based on the Fremo N-RE standard.

Best regards,

Fredrik

Hi Fredrik, welcome!

I've never been to Göteborg, only the Stockholm area when I went to Sweden. I was very content with the public transport there though.

Fredrik,

Welcome! Sounds like you got bit, I'm afraid its all downhill for you now down into the variety that is Japanese rr modeling! Enjoy and keep us posted!

Check out some of the layout articles on the JRM website, some interesting approaches there. Http://www.japanrailmodelers.org

Cheers,

Jeff

Hi Frederik, and welcome! I think you're the board's first Swedish member (that I'm aware of, anyway :) )

Oh no, I'm Swedish and I have appeared in this forum a few times. Living in Stockholm with a Japanese wife. Currently close to Hakata station. Tomorrow SL Hitoyoshi and the Hisatsu line down to Yoshimatsu!

Currently close to Hakata station. Tomorrow SL Hitoyoshi and the Hisatsu line down to Yoshimatsu!

Nice!! Sorry for off-topic, but do u think u can tell me how to reserve tickets on the SL Hitoyoshi from overseas? Planning a trip next year which included a SL hitoyoshi-Isaburo Shinpei & Hayato-no-kaze down thr hitsatsu line but heard it is very hard to reserve seats on the SL...

I haven't found any way to reserve seats with a JR rail,pass before landing in Japan. I booked when I exchanged the voucher for the pass six days ago. The Saturday train was already full, but we got seats in the Friday train, however not together (3 persons).

I haven't found any way to reserve seats with a JR rail,pass before landing in Japan. I booked when I exchanged the voucher for the pass six days ago. The Saturday train was already full, but we got seats in the Friday train, however not together (3 persons).

Oh my, that spells some hope for me! You're very lucky to be able to secure seats cause I heard the reservations open only one month before the actual runs and they get booked and sold out so quickly it's hard to secure seats. Thanks for the information and have fun on the Hitsatsu line!

Sorry for Off-Topic, and hello welcome Fredrik and hope to see some pictures of your layout soon!  :)