Tokyo, tremble, Burmanzilla has arrived! :-) (JP#1)

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

Hello,

At last, in Japan...seems unbelievable I made it here...

Arrived lunchtime in Haneda - expected to land in Narita, should have read the ticket, was surprised to see Haneda advertised when boarding in Frankfurt. Cleared C&I pretty quickly, only hurdle was filling form declaring money as we brought a lot of cash with us. Bought a ticket (mistake #1 - bought Suica thinking it was a PASMO. Should have bought card at Keikyu counter...) and was away on the monorail and at Tennozu Isle in 20 minutes - brilliant! Saw an N700 entering service on the line between Shinagawa and the Tokyo Service Center - and my first container train, partly hidden behind it... Toyoko Inn very easy to find building is unmissable.

Must go now, more reports tomorrow.

Cheers NB

• Like 1

nick, please rub our noses in it and post lots of interesting pictures and fun. we will endure the pain and love it!

have lots of fun! 

jeff

• Like 1

Nick,

Have a good time, only 9 more work days and I'll be jumping on the big white bird to Japan myself... :)

Edited by yakumo381

Nice! Today it's 鉄道模型市 (Tetsudō Mokei-ichi) in 浜松町 (Hamamatsuchō) (http://www.maroon.dti.ne.jp/tmi/), so if you want to pick up some cheap trains, be there (I'm there with a few friends at 12:00, probably the only few foreigners)! Also, Hobby Land Pochi has a sale in Akihabara this weekend: http://pochi.ir.shopserve.jp/hpgen/HPB/entries/169.html I especially recommend the last one if you want to pick up some dirt cheap 2nd hand stuff. 

Oh my! Congrats!

Although i'm green with envy, i'm happy for you Nick! Please try to post some delicious photos here for us to enjoy!

Well, mine's not too far away either, just 11 months more to go.  :)