Vato

Long a staple of hobby-shop shelves, hobby manufacturer Model Power looks to be closing up shop for good :(

Dear Model Power Customers,

After nearly 50 years serving the hobby industry, our 3rd generation family business will closing effective immediately.

In 2007, our banks began an aggressive deleveraging process. They no longer approved of a profitable and paying client such as ours, which had been reliant on inventory. This is why one of the industry's most extensive lines, had begun to see much of its products unavailable on the market. Now it will no longer be seen at all.

During these past 7 years, we had made changes to the business in order to accommodate and adjust to the changing nature of the business relationship with our lenders. We had offered multiple solutions to our lenders in order to "fix" our situation, all were rejected, came with different restrictions, or offered to little too late. In all our efforts, no arrangements by our lenders would allow for Model Power to arrive at a position in which we could get back to fill our customer needs.

We would like to take the time to thank all of those whom we have worked with the past 50 years. To our customers and competitors within the industry, we thank you.

Sincerely,
The Model Power Family

Their steam locos were not too bad and they seemed to be making small improvements with each run.

N scale is now the only major scale where no manufacturer makes an American 2-8-2 or 4-6-2.

• Like 1

Model power was such a big part of n scale trains in the 70s when I was a kid. Reasonable price and decent quality, lots of drooling over them in the rotating train case in the two local hobby shops!

Jeff

Mudkip Orange

I went ahead and ordered a few kits yesterday. Not sure how I'm going to fit a two-story brick colonial house on a japanese prototype layout but whatever.