Going Japanese!!!

Pauljag900

Paul, I reckon you should be made to work on this project while it is sitting on the ground to test your new knees. At least then it might slow you down some to match my modelling pace. HaHa! Wait a minute!!  That won't work. I am not working in my shed till it warms up in late Oct. Darn! Nice work anyway.

• Like 1

Hi beakaboy,not a chance me getting down there ever again mate!ha ha,

We re just coming in to Autumn mate but we ve had a few nice days so I took full advantage.

I ve nothin better to do at the moment and had all the stuff I need already here so it was a big plus not waiting for it to come.

However,tomorrow I will run out of scenic stuff so there will be some slowing down.

I do nt blame you not goin in there yet mate!! Ha ha

• Like 1

Did as much scenics as materials would allow,I ve run out of everything now,so probs be a couple of weeks before much more progress.The painted areas are not the finished colours,it s just so I can see what's what basically.

I ve got all the stuff I need for the electrics so may make a start on the building and street lights,there ll only be a few so should not take long and I ve already made up the main unit and various voltage supplies all from one 12v supply.post-2329-0-41256500-1476027034_thumb.jpg

post-2329-0-88122000-1476027325_thumb.jpg

• Like 5

Wow, that was fast!  I like this design better than the first one, it feels more natural than the 4 track high mountain.  Smart idea for the power supply, I may end up copying it eventually!

-Sam

Man that was so fast Paul! It looks great now!

Just a suggestion, perhaps some tree planting inbetween the tracks, especially on the 2nd level? It looks a little bare in between the track there, and some trees would even make the train look like it's passing through a tree tunnel which is very scenic!

• Like 1

Wow that looks really good now, with 4 independent tracks! The Kirara looks perfectly fitting to the layout!

I'm having seller's remorse after seeing the Kirara running around the little mountain.  Please send it back, just kidding!  I love seeing my former trains running around your layout Paul.  They look much happier running around a nice layout and landscape.

• Like 2

Wow, that was fast!  I like this design better than the first one, it feels more natural than the 4 track high mountain.  Smart idea for the power supply, I may end up copying it eventually!

-Sam

No problem sam,I ve pinched enough of my own! Ha ha

I'm having seller's remorse after seeing the Kirara running around the little mountain.  Please send it back, just kidding!  I love seeing my former trains running around your layout Paul.  They look much happier running around a nice layout and landscape.

Ha ha,you know they lol be looked after and regularly excercised!

Man that was so fast Paul! It looks great now!

Just a suggestion, perhaps some tree planting inbetween the tracks, especially on the 2nd level? It looks a little bare in between the track there, and some trees would even make the train look like it's passing through a tree tunnel which is very scenic!

Hi Jr,

No problems with any suggestions or comments ,good or bad buddy.

The whole layout will be covered in trees including the area you mention but I ve used up all I had here along with the scrub foliage and ground cover,I ve ordered 100 trees last night but they normally take about two weeks to arrive,the other scenic stuff will be about a week I reckon.that length of track will also have two small platforms and on the bottom the space between the buildings at the front will be home to a small station and Car park.Thats the plan anyway.

Had to make some custom platforms from a card kit and left over kato bits due to the sizes needed in a small space.post-2329-0-69057900-1476556666_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-89632300-1476556704_thumb.jpg

Also managed to wire in some lights after a small problem caused by me!

post-2329-0-43949300-1476556860_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-36733900-1476556894_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-93727200-1476556930_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

Looking good Paul, your layout is beautifully lit but just realized that none of your trains are.  I know we all have different priorities and preferences but lighted interiors would look amazing in your night scenes.  

Hi serotta,

Interior lights is something I ve thought about for the future,as is Dcc,but that's something for the future once everything else is done.

But you re spot on,they would look good lit up!

With most of the scenics added I now just need to add the trees when they arrive and tomorrow I ll connect all the power to the tracks and lights.Unfortunately due to problems with my main layout and the pending changes I will be selling this on once the trees are in place.My grandkids are just a bit too young to be able to control the small tomix trains on the tight curves,I ll just make them another one with bigger curves once they re a bit older

post-2329-0-60823400-1477078027_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-50095000-1477077995_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-32863500-1477077971_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-67700600-1477077956_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-44706600-1477077934_thumb.jpgpost-2329-0-36921400-1477077909_thumb.jpg

• Like 6

With most of the scenics added I now just need to add the trees when they arrive and tomorrow I ll connect all the power to the tracks and lights.Unfortunately due to problems with my main layout and the pending changes I will be selling this on once the trees are in place.My grandkids are just a bit too young to be able to control the small tomix trains on the tight curves,I ll just make them another one with bigger curves once they re a bit older

attachicon.gifIMG_1028.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1027.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1026.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1025.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1024.JPGattachicon.gifIMG_1023.JPG

Looking good Pau[ = What do you use to make your baseboards?

Looking good Pau[ = What do you use to make your baseboards?

Hi blobby,

Depends on the size of the board and if it needs to be moveable,I generally use mdf,either 6 or 12mm batoned out underneath,I have also used plywood which is lighter but a lot more expensive.My prefered option,and one I ve used many times is the 6mm mdf batoned out,it s the option I ll be using for the new modules,in fact I ordered it yesterday for next week,

Paul

GREAT!!!

Max motion in a small foot print.

Cheers mate,that's what I was after,had these small trains just sitting in sidings so thought I d make a small layout for them.

Mountain module is now finished apart from a few red and brown trees which I m waiting for.Unfortunately due to the pending alterations on the main layout I will need to sell this on

post-2329-0-50451400-1477389806_thumb.jpg

post-2329-0-66571000-1477389832_thumb.jpg

post-2329-0-71143600-1477389864_thumb.jpg

post-2329-0-93191500-1477389934_thumb.jpg

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 6

Wow Paul, you continue to impress with this mountain module. You're putting on a clinic on how to do scenery and inspiring me to begin having thoughts about building a layout or at least a module.

Thanks serotta,thanks for the comments mate.

I have actually sold it tonight,the guy rang me before and confirmed it,

Paul

Amazing Paul! Inspiring! It look very nice now!

Thanks serotta,thanks for the comments mate.
I have actually sold it tonight,the guy rang me before and confirmed it,
Paul

You sold off the layout?  :(

Hi gents,

Thanks for all the comments.

I ve only sold on the mountain module but the main layout is completely dismantled and in boxes ready to start again,

post-2329-0-37443400-1477484848_thumb.jpg

I ve been having a few issues with the trains and I made it dificult,tho not impossible to reach certain areas.When I designed it I had not realised the amount of maintenance it would need but also,and the main issue is my knees.After having them both done the pain is far better but movement is restricted slightly now so I thought long and hard and decided to make it a simpler track plan and easier to manage.

I ve come up with a plan that is basically three loops in a square design but the baseboard at the back which will be the viaduct station and storage yard is only 96cn deep the two sides and the front are all 60cm deep.It will be built on four seperate modules which will sit on a bench so easier to tip for wiring etc rather than having to get underneath.Basically a square with a 120x120cm square in the middle to operate.

post-2329-0-59336100-1477485565_thumb.jpg

Also,with these sizes I m hoping to make glass covers for it all eventuall,something I ve done on all my smaller layouts.

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 3

Amazing Paul! Inspiring! It look very nice now!

You sold off the layout? :(

Sammy,

Remember the guy who bought my glacier express layout with the autistic son?(page 10,post no 190 of my thread)he saw the track test video on YouTube and contacted me,he wants it for his son for xmas so at least I know it will be loved and put to good use

Edited by Pauljag900
  • Like 4