What unlikely releases do you want?

Guest keio6000

15 hours ago, disturbman said:

Afaik, the MA E10 is to scale. Only problem, it commands a rather hefty price on the second hand market.

There's one currently on Zenplus right now for ¥29,326 ($362.43NZD). That very definitely confirms your statement!

4 hours ago, Kamome said:

Kato’s 9600 hasn’t been produced since 2002 so crying out for release. Not owning one, I couldn’t say if tooling needed updating but seemed a solid model. 

Having looked at both Toyoyasu's informative website and my conveniently-to-hand Kato catalogs, the 9600 was last available between 2009 and 2013. This was a 1:144 scale model though which looked pretty good for what it was, but might need some subtle reworking to get it down to the approximately 1:150 scale Kato prefers to use today, and update some of the details in the process. That would also be a good opportunity to design a version with the early production "S" running board ahead of the cab which no manufacturer has ever attempted - for either the 8620 or 9600 classes.

IMG_1580.thumb.JPG.ac734787ae36af790873af19fe3b6e0b.JPG  IMG_2579.thumb.JPG.55b6f7f596b423993370a160808c4665.JPG

According to Japanese Wikipedia, the "S" shape cab (in my photo on the left) was only applied to the first eighteen 9600s and twenty-four 8620s before they switched to the classic 'Otoji' shape (to use the Japanese Wiki term, that could just be a really whacky translation though!) with the running board square to the cab front before dropping down and curving at the leading edge, as shown in my photo on the right. Presumably this made them easier to build, though to my eye it's not as aesthetically pleasing. It would be great to see Kato take the challenge on and attempt it!

Alastair

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

It shouldn't be unlikely at all.  The Toyota JPN Taxi is now not just in Tokyo but all over the country from Sapporo to Nagasaki. Reportedly 60% of taxis are now the JPN Taxi. For comparison the JPN taxi is smaller and cheaper than the traditional London taxi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toyota_JPN_Taxi

https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/トヨタ・ジャパンタクシー

• Like 3

Hello.

1.Tokyo Monorail (1000, as shown) 
Tokyo Monorail is released as a kit from Fujimi model.
display model.

Manufacturer official site

https://www.fujimimokei.com/item/items/4968728910222/

2.Keio 6000 5-door set.
brass etching kit only

Manufacturer official site
https://www.treasuretown.co.jp/?pid=131433146

3.Odakyu Monorail

It was once sold.

Odakyu Trains

http://www.odakyu.jp/program/info/data.info/8172_8177002_.pdf

Kato could produce more Steam Loco Types.

Even as a fan of 1970s JNR, I would buy a modern EMU or DMU with "Uma Musume" Commerical or Collab Prints on it; I love those cute Anime Horse Girls...

Edited by Steve
  • Like 2

I would love nothing more than to see a KATO 58654 and coaches in their "Aso Boy" livery. My hobby store rumored to me that they'd release it eventually after the SL Hitoyoshi.
I'd prefer a green 58654 with plain chimney, not the mock diamond stack.
Or better still, in a blue livery like this brass model.

I'd really love to see more "Okajoki" SL in N gauge, too.
American locomotives like Class 900, 950, 5900, 6600, 9200, 9700 and many others built for Japan, as I love the look of American engines with buffers and screw couplings, and a few British examples like Class 1480
Of course, I'm in love with good old 'Yoshitsune' who does have a MA model. I have to get to Umekoji to see this beauty. 

Edited by SL58654号
  • Like 2
On 9/7/2023 at 1:00 AM, Steve said:

Kato could produce more Steam Loco Types.

Which ones? In terms of "modern" SL I can't name too many besides the C53 or the D60.

13 hours ago, SL58654号 said:

Which ones? In terms of "modern" SL I can't name too many besides the C53 or the D60.

6750, 8900, B50, C59, D50, D52

Especially the D52 would be nice.

Edited by Steve
  • Like 1

Thats some obscure locos there. MicroAce has done a few of those in low volume.

Tomix is more likely to pick any of those up before Kato. But Kato has been picking up more locos in past years.

• Like 1
On 9/11/2023 at 7:25 AM, SL58654号 said:

Yeah, a C53 would be especially nice, I don't even care what variant, they all just look lovely. 

However I do think it's about time somebody picks up the C51. I NEED  an imperial version (or whatever the spec currently at Umekouji is named) in my life. Heck, I would even go through the trouble of ordering one from the Kyoto station shop if it meant I could get that specific variant...

• Like 2
11 hours ago, SwallowAngel said:

Yeah, a C53 would be especially nice, I don't even care what variant, they all just look lovely. 

However I do think it's about time somebody picks up the C51. I NEED  an imperial version (or whatever the spec currently at Umekouji is named) in my life. Heck, I would even go through the trouble of ordering one from the Kyoto station shop if it meant I could get that specific variant...

So would I to get a C53 in my collection, streamlined or not! I'd like 8630 by KATO Kyoto, but they're an arm and a leg by now. C51 239 would be nice, too.
I'm going to Umekoji or bust. As you are German, have you seen Eisenbahn-Romantik's program on the museum roundhouse?

12 hours ago, SwallowAngel said:

Of course Microace did produce C53-43 streamlined version in 2001 and again in 2008 and C53-45, C53-30, C53-65 and C53-45 at various times between 2001 and 2008.  Microace released C51-276 (which had done Imperial Train duty) in 2012 with crossed flags etc.  Second-hand examples of these models come up on Japanese auction sites from time to time and that's where I bought mine!

Graeme

• Like 1

I'd love to see a new release of the Nambu branch line 205-1000 series, there was a Tomytec Railway Collection release over a decade ago but the quality of the few I've seen pop up is quite lacking (Nambu Line decal with the musical notes is just a paper sticker, etc). On a related note, I'd also love a Tsurumi Line 205

Edited by Oxbox
  • Like 1