What unlikely releases do you want?

Guest keio6000

Because it is still in development under Nanyo Bussan, I'll have to refrain from showing any images and/or release of the files publicly. The part I'm designing will be 3D printed and then moulded into white metal to reduce costs. Once Mr. Sato agrees, I can release some previews. For now, the whole thing is still in very early development.

I have a very bad experience with casts made from 3D printed parts. Metal is hard to glue and the home made casts always come out worse than a professional 3D print. Resin casts are an even worse offender and often loose shape over time on their own, very much like white metal can rust and literally fall to pieces if not mixed and poured properly. (on the other hand, brass casts are very good and durable)

Edited by kvp

I have a very bad experience with casts made from 3D printed parts. Metal is hard to glue and the home made casts always come out worse than a professional 3D print. Resin casts are an even worse offender and often loose shape over time on their own, very much like white metal can rust and literally fall to pieces if not mixed and poured properly. (on the other hand, brass casts are very good and durable)

Like I said, that is out of my reach, and it's done by a professional firm from what I've heard. I'm only the provider of the base model.

• Like 1
enodenlover

I'd love to see Tomytec add the 600 series tram from Nishi-Nippon Railroad's defunct Nishitetsu Kitakyushu line, which was abandoned in 2000, to their line of N gauge trams.

enodenlover

I didn't recognize the Tsuyazaki name so I Googled it and apparently we're talking about two different lines. The Nishitetsu Kitakyushu was a 5.1 km tram line, all on private right-of-way, that ran from Kurosaki-Ekimae to Orio and shared a short stretch of trackage with the Chikuho Electric Railway. For reasons that I can't begin to fathom the line, except for the shared trackage, was torn up in Nov. 2000 and replaced by a blankety-blank busway. I'm familiar with the NK line thanks to a videotape of Japanese tramlines that I bought from the late Ron Carson's traction videos catalog many years ago.

Yeah I can see that on google maps now.  It is not more than 200mm from the Kagoshima Maniline and Chikuho Mainline at it's furtherest.  Has houses and carparks on it now also.  Old bridges and some track sections are still present though.

Very similar situation to the Tsuyazaki I'm guessing.  Tsuyazaki is no more than 400m from the JR mainline also.  Running parallel to another strong line.  Only 1 will survive.

Edited by katoftw
Guest keio6000

Tomytec doing Keikufu "Randen" Railway.

kind of haven't followed the specifics, but isn't this something that modemo would have already covered to a greater or lesser extent?

i'm still trying to find out who in their right mind ever purchased a "standard color" tomytec 201 series emu..

kind of haven't followed the specifics, but isn't this something that modemo would have already covered to a greater or lesser extent?

i'm still trying to find out who in their right mind ever purchased a "standard color" tomytec 201 series emu..

yeah modemo are the only ones to cover it.  and probably will be the only ones.  hence it being a unlikely release.

but a) they can be expensive, and b) they don't mass produce so they are always out of stock.  which is why i'd like to see tomytec unlikely release them.

but a) they can be expensive, and B) they don't mass produce so they are always out of stock.  which is why i'd like to see tomytec unlikely release them.

Modemo does only mass produce. They just don't repeat production runs often, if at all. Tomytec does the same thing, as do other manufacturers.

yeah modemo are the only ones to cover it.  and probably will be the only ones.  hence it being a unlikely release.

but 1) they can be expensive, and 2) they don't mass produce in the quantities tomytec do so they are always out of stock.  which is why i'd like to see tomytec unlikely release them.

fixed.

Edited by katoftw

Tomytec does produce in the same 'low' quantities Modemo does, but that is usually for ordered productions. These are like the products that are on sale at special events, select shops and/or online order. Sometimes when these series are popular enough, Tomytec re-releases alternate versions (different numbers and/or liveries) of these production runs for direct sales nationwide. Recent examples of these runs are the Keihan 600 Series and the Tōbu 8000 Series.

Sometimes when these series are popular enough, Tomytec re-releases alternate versions (different numbers and/or liveries) of these production runs for direct sales nationwide. Recent examples of these runs are the Keihan 600 Series and the Tōbu 8000 Series.

Almost. The Tomytec Keihan 600 express livery ltd. edition was only sold at several local shops in Japan, while Tomytec released the Keihan 600 in standard (green) livery already before that. Okay, the express livery version has flat front windows and the first Keihan 600 standard livery release did not, but... well, you know. :P

Although these kind of special event limited runs are a bit annoying, you can often quite easily obtain them through Yahoo Auctions. I could get the ltd edition Keihan 600 express livery for a good price, but that's something that depends on whether you have to do with a normal reseller or not. It also feels pretty cool to have a ltd. edition in your collection. ;)

Edited by Densha

Okay, the express livery version has flat front windows and the first Keihan 600 standard livery release did not, but... well, you know. :P

Fixed  :thumbsup:

10316322b.jpg

Edited by katoftw

Almost. The Tomytec Keihan 600 express livery ltd. edition was only sold at several local shops in Japan, while Tomytec released the Keihan 600 in standard (green) livery already before that. Okay, the express livery version has flat front windows and the first Keihan 600 standard livery release did not, but... well, you know. :P

'Limited editions', or rather special editions, are ordered by the company that sells them at special events. Editions that are available nation wide are issued by Tomytec themselves on their own request and/or mutual request. I guess with this, Keihan just had some luck Tomytec was planning a 15m collection, as well as had already built up a good relation with them.

Does anyone know if the Limited Edition Otsu 600 1st ed in express colours was released before, after or same time as the ones in the railway collection 17?

Edited by katoftw

Well - I never thought I'd post to this topic (which by definition seems an exercise in self-flagellation), but I've just become aware of a candidate that interests me - a kumoyuni 143, with the most dramatic paint scheme I've ever seen on a Japanese train.  Definitely more European looking.

gallery_941_135_35496.jpg

seems like a good candidate for kitbashing.  Actually this would just be a paint job, would that term even apply?

Well, I'm not aware of any available models that match that particular door-window combination.  I'm guessing this is one of the cars that was converted for work service, and I gather there were many different configurations.

I don't have an air-brush, but might consider doing it with spray cans at some point - with whatever model comes closest.

The blue is a bit dark, but otherwise it looks like the official Dutch colors.

tomytec and micro ace has done them.  and a few different versions.

Tetsudo-Collection-No-20-Kumoni-143-main

Tetsudo-Collection-No-20-Kumoyuni-143-ma

Tetsudo-Collection-No-20-Kumoyuni-147-ma

10066208p.jpg

i don't think the are bang on 100% the same as you are looking for.  window and/or vent differences.

Edited by katoftw