Hello from California

MikeMendoza22

MikeMendoza22

My Name is Mike,  I too am new to the hobby and for now am trying to soak in as much information as I can!   I chose n scale because I am limited on space!   right now am saving some cash as I decide how my empire will be in the future,  but right now I am pretty much certain my first layout will involve streetcars.  

I look forward to the journey!! haha

• Like 1

Welcome mike!

I think you will find lots to soak in here and plenty of folks to ask questions of! Japanese streetcars can be addictive as there are quite a few made along with many painted ones thrown in for variety!

Are you norther or southern ca? I grew up in Oakland and Monterey and lived a long time in Berkeley. There is a small group in the Bay Area that does some shows together (AsiaNrails).

Cheers

Jeff

• Like 1
MikeMendoza22

Jeff I'm actually in the Central Valley now (Near Fresno) but I grew up in the Bay Area....SF when I was a kid and San Jose most of my life.   I do miss the bay area!!   The central valley is Bla!!

diederickvz

Hi Mike, welcome to the club... I'm also in streetcars... My idea is to built a city scape of Lisbon in a sea trunk. The front will be coming down and will hold a plaza with tram tracks and the trams will go in and come out of the city with small streets like the real thing. I will use Amarelis model trams and Tomix wide tram tracks...

Mike,

cool. there is asiaNrails up in the bay area and they do do a few shows a year so maybe you can get up and visit sometime with them! few others here on the forum in socal area as well.

keep us posted on your trams!

cheers,

jeff

diederickvz

Mike,

cool. there is asiaNrails up in the bay area and they do do a few shows a year so maybe you can get up and visit sometime with them! few others here on the forum in socal area as well.

keep us posted on your trams!

cheers,

jeff

I will, I'll take pictures during the building proces and will post them on this forum... BTW, I live in Amsterdam, Holland, Europe... a bit too far from the bay area....!