Oigawa SL Q

Nick_Burman

Nick_Burman

Hello all,

I'm planning on riding the Oigawa SL, question are reservations strictly necessary or can one just turn up and go?

Cheers NB

Hello Mr Nick_Burman,

Please allow me to assist you with your plan to ride on the Oigawa SL.

Yes, you must make reservation to ride this train.

Please use the website below.  Click on "English" at the top right corner of the screen to download the PDF.  The PDF will give you directions for how to make reservations.

http://www.oigawa-railway.co.jp/

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Thanks E6. Yesterday I actually wanted to reserve the tickets but $%@%@ my mother HID the trip timetable, so no luck...

Cheers NB

Edited by Nick_Burman
Nick_Burman

OK, she's back, so I've finished making the reservation request. The only hiccup is the 11:43 departure time - good for a leisure departure from Tokyo, but it only gives a few minutes at Senzu to change to the last Ikawa train to do the whole line.

Cheers NB

The way I read the PDF you can also purchase tickets at the station when you travel and can use the Oigawa day pass on paying the SL surcharge.  Of course pre-booking on line ensures you will get a seat on the train you wish to travel on.

• Like 1
Nick_Burman

Thanks all. The Oigawa Railway has just replied that my reservation has been accepted. The message said that it was reservation #14, which means that there is still lots of space on the train.

Another Q...the steam train starts from Shin Kanaya, but there will be an MU train from Kanaya meeting it. Is the fare of the shuttle included in the SL fare?

Cheers NB

Hello Mr Nick_Burman,

Let's hope the train is not crowded.  But bear in mind that some of the reservation might be for complete tour groups.

• Like 1