Hello from Vancouver, BC!

EF65 1100

Hi all,

I'm Jack and I'm from the Greater Vancouver Area. I am fancinated by the variety of Japanese Trains and the versitailty and punctuality of their systems.

What got me started a long time ago as a N-scale Japanese train collector was a starter set that was given to me as a present about 16-17 years ago (don't remember exactly). The set was a 6-car Kato 253 series set with tracks and platform. My collection has grown since then.

This hobby of mine kind of died down for a while when I moved around, and until recently a collegue of mine started talking about a trainset he has (O Scale!) that is over 50 years old! Well, let's just say this hobby is more fun if there are other people around you that shares the same interest.

As of now I have a few locos (EF65-1000 x 2, EF81 カシオペア, DF200, EF210, EH500), two Shinkansen sets (E2 + E3), a few EMU sets (485 Series JNR Colour, 485 Series 雷鳥, 583 Series, 681-2000 Series Snow Rabbit Express, 683-8000 Series Snow Rabbit Express, 221 Series, 223 Series, 205 Series 山手線, 253 series), a キハ183 旭山動物園号 set, 2 キハ110 cars, a E26 series カシオペア, a CP Rail colour EMD SD40 (how out of place!) and a bunch of freight cars.

Right now everything I have is analog. I don't think I will go DCC until we (my wife and I) purchase a home. Until then, I'm sticking with a temporary set up with Kato Unitrack (yes, the ones that were from the beginning! But I've also purchased more tracks).

I am glad to see that I am not alone in being a Japanese Train Enthusiast in North America... :)

welcome ef65!

glad you found the forum. I think you will find a great group of japanese train and modeling enthusiasts worldwide here to share the hobby with! there are a number of canadians on the forum.

lots of fun can be had with temporary unitrak setups!

cheers

jeff