cannot insert image into post

Martijn Meerts

Hmm.. When I hit the button, I get a popup asking for a URL .. You don't get any error messages of any kind?

Imho it would be easier for Martijn if every problem report contained the name and version of the os and the name and version of the browser and if all updates are installed or not. (both for the os and the browser)

Martijn Meerts

That would help, but I can't test on every version of every browser on every OS ;)

I tend to upgrade my browsers pretty much the moment a new version is out, and installing old versions can be a pain.

I'm fairly certain that it's something in the WYSIWYG editor though, and most likely something that's been solved in a minor software update of the forum software, so I'll try and free up some time soon to run the update and fix what needs to be fixed in the template.

I tend to upgrade my browsers pretty much the moment a new version is out, and installing old versions can be a pain.

Perhaps this would be a solution for most people. They don't realise that upgrading their browser would solve the problem. If they add their os and browser version, then you can check if it is up to date and tell them if they need to upgrade or not. (at least to the version you are using) Otherwise you just keep upgrading the forum after every report but that doesn't solve the user side problems. Just my 2 cents...

Martijn Meerts

True, but the forum does need to be updated anyway, we're running a couple of minor versions behind :)

Carlos Filipe

I just cannot recall how to insert photos from my files...

can someone help me?

Thank you

Edited by Carlos Filipe

Carlos,

If you hit the "more reply options" button at the lower right of the post window you get the attach files controls at the bottom of the window. Use the "choose file" button to choose a photo file then click on the "attach file" button. You have to do this process of finding the file and doing the attach file button for each image you attach. Then when done hit add reply wit should all be there.

Cheers

Jeff

I seem to have no 'More Reply Options' Button. Is this a limitation for new members (such as me), and if so what do I have to do to become 'worthy' ?

Michi

Michi,

nope no difference in member features at all.

at the bottom left of Post windows now there is an attachments link with “click to choose files” to attach photos. You can also use the insert other media pulldown in the bottom right of the post window to attach previous attachment or embed a photo from another site (as long as that’s your image and that service allows you to embed photos elsewhere.)

jeff

Edited by cteno4

Before the updates, there was two types of windows for creating a post, a small quick version and a bigger all features included version which you had to click "more reply options."  But with the last few updates of the forum, I think the quick version was omitted and only the full option is available.  So you cannot be that new if you have previously known about the "more options available" button from the previous version of the forum.

I think he got this from carlos’s Post with the same issue just before their from last year. I can see his confusion as the last post in this thread that pertains to his issue said look for that button. Very understandable.

jeff