Cute Girl reviewing Plarail & B-Shorty on youtube

Hi guys,

I think some japanese girls are quite similar with the boys in terms of the interests for boys things such as toys or trains.. I was amazed that one of my fb friends, she is Japanese, collected so many diecast cars.. mostly tomica or tomica limited vintage and quite big numbers of corgy.. massive collections.. I couldn't believe that girls also liked boys interests... But thats true in Japan... Maybe the japanese girls get bored with dolls or barbie... :P

I think Suzuka san went to the Yokohama train event recently:

Interesting B-shorty 500 series Eva!

The Enoden Plarail system is also very interesting!

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 2

Our little boy recently also got mesmerised with her, calling her the 'Thomas Onee-san', so my wife also got introduced to the 'mamatetsu' phenomenon a bit more. Maybe this is a better route than me trying to explain how to spot the differences between an Odakyu 1000, 1700 and 2000...

• Like 3

It seems she is getting more popular now!

Definitely she has something to do with Tomix and Tomica...

Edited by JR 500系
  • Like 1
Drunkenclam

I'm late to the party with this one. just been watching the video at (what i think) is the Kyoto Train Museum

This thread deserves to get revived.

Here is the Railroad Crossing Song (with English subtitles available). You will see some of the most interesting railroad crossings in Japan in this one and if you didn't know it you are guaranteed to learn the Japanese word for railroad crossing.

And apparently 5½ million people are intrerested in scratchbilding a railroad crossing.

This is only for the very serious modellers who model in 1:1.  😆

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Haha thanks for posting that video! I really didnt know that railway crossing is called Fumi-kiri in Japanese!  😛  Well now i know!  

I'm not sure if we really see people using the Fumi-kiri that points to the left and right... yes it is a good practice but i think most people using it nowadays will have their hands (and eyes) afix on their phones....  

So i was watching her video (as usual), and did she REALLY named her kids Hitachi and Tokiwa? 

image.thumb.png.52204032974b1f7e0b2d1dcd4da3f403.pngimage.thumb.png.52204032974b1f7e0b2d1dcd4da3f403.png

I'm thinking those are their nicknames, cause it wouldnt be nice for people all over the world to know her real kids names right? Or does she REALLY love the Joban line so much?

Imagine naming your names after shinkansen names: Tsubame, Kodama, Hikari, Tsubasa, Komachi etc... yeah i know some of those names are legit Japanese names ~  

Yes, it does really happen... (Somewhat tragic though when you go into a kindergarten and hear someone calling for little Nyu-Aabun-Raina-kun or Sukairaina-chan).

Besides being station names, those names are also valid given names.

The emperor has an uncle named Hitachi (spelled with the same kanji).

Yes our fav Tet-mama (upgraded) has recently rode on a special run of the Cassiopeia... 

And in the first observation cabin!!! I mean she must be someone special now as i notice she does get some of the really good 'seats in the house' on special limited trains... Like when she was invited to ride the Shikishima and the Mizukaze...

• Like 2