Kato Hokkaido Style D51

mattdwnunder

The first of the Hokkaido versions is released on 31st January while the Giesl ejector version will be issued late February. Both on order from HS even though I am modelling Kyushu. It's my railway.

Lots of versions to keep Kato busy for many years if they follow what Micro Ace released. These are 1/150 as opposed to 1/140 from Micro Ace and the old Kato version.

Nobody minds that they are busy with it for many years right? I know European manufacturers that do the same with their models.

On another note, I really would like to see a completely revamped C11 from Kato. Should be affordable and fits greatly as a museum steam train traction.

On another note, I really would like to see a completely revamped C11 from Kato. Should be affordable and fits greatly as a museum steam train traction.

Can you explain this statement more?  Is there something wrong with the current c11?  Or just would like a update/revamp?

the current c11 has been re run for a long time, it`S low in detail compared to c56 and it`s not really a good runner either.

The Ma ones are better than teh kato version in my opinion, but they both have pro`s and con`s

Makes sense.  Old versions have come up a little bit recently on the forums.  Its good to know, as was considering buying a Kato C11.  Might hold off now.

Edited by katoftw