Kato 10-1174 (N700A Nozomi) head/tail lights replacement

fgesto

Hi all,

I installed wrong the FL12 decoder, and when I put the train on the track, the lights in the car number 16 stop working and I can see some smoke from under the car. I thought was the decoder so I take it away, but when I put the car again in the track, the lights didn't turn-on. I think that the light board on this car was damaged. Somebody knows if there is a replacement for this light board? Where can I purchase it?

Many thanks !!

Regards,

Fabian

nscalestation

It's been a few months but I was researching this problem after I also had one burn up on me just as you described on a N700Aand saw this post.

In case you have not already found one Plazajapan on ebay sells the Kato DCC decoders including the FL12.

Link to the listing

Guest Closed Account 1

Never burnt a dcc decoder while running, only on the bench. Haha. In fact they saved my models on a weird crossover track set up from melting.

Something else wrong when you see smoke from an N-Gauge train.

There are quite a lot of cheap N scale decoders that lack short and even overload protection. Anything below 5 dollars is usually way too cheap from the engineering point too.

Never burnt a dcc decoder while running, only on the bench. Haha. In fact they saved my models on a weird crossover track set up from melting.

Hahaha Mr Webskipper,

Murphy's Law: a $200 picture tube will protect a 30¢ fuse by blowing first.

Webskipper - one of my favorite lines I said to my father as he was running his American Flyer loco and it was smoking....."Dad, if it's on fire, it's broken!"

Guest Closed Account 1

Hi all,

I installed wrong the FL12 decoder, and when I put the train on the track, the lights in the car number 16 stop working and I can see some smoke from under the car. I thought was the decoder so I take it away, but when I put the car again in the track, the lights didn't turn-on. I think that the light board on this car was damaged. Somebody knows if there is a replacement for this light board? Where can I purchase it?

Many thanks !!

Regards,

Fabian

What did you end up doing? Those light boards are cheap n easy.