Hello from Pasadena, California

onthelam

Hi All,

I just got back from a three week trip to Japan and came back addicted to N-gauge Japanese trains!  Currently trying to procure Set B for the E231-500 Yamanote line set from Kato to complete my 11 car train.  Also picked up a bunch of B-Train Shorty trains and ordering more soon.  Hope to find a ton of useful resources on this site!

Welcome onthelam.

Sounds like you are bitten big time. I actually submitted to total japanese trains after my second visit to Japan!

Keep us posted on your trains!

cheers

jeff

Welcome onthelam.

Sounds like you are bitten big time. I actually submitted to total japanese trains after my second visit to Japan!

Keep us posted on your trains!

cheers

jeff

Thanks for the welcome Jeff!  This is actually my 4th time to Japan and I did a foreign exchange program in Nagoya when I was in high school.  I never really gave much thought to the trains there until this trip and I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting into the hobby sooner!  I don't really have any room for a layout in my current home but hopefully when I do, I'll have a large enough collection to start running.  Looking forward to being a member of this great community!

Never too late to start! in fact with all the tomytec stuff that has come out in the last few years and the internet for overseas ordering its even easier to get started!

take a look over at some of the layout articles on our club site, lots of ways to get started in small spaces and doing temp set ups or modular

http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/otherlayouts.html

http://japanrailmodelers.org/pages/modelingjapan/tempoary.html

jeff

Martijn Meerts
Thanks for the welcome Jeff!  This is actually my 4th time to Japan and I did a foreign exchange program in Nagoya when I was in high school.  I never really gave much thought to the trains there until this trip and I'm sort of kicking myself for not getting into the hobby sooner!  I don't really have any room for a layout in my current home but hopefully when I do, I'll have a large enough collection to start running.  Looking forward to being a member of this great community!

I was in the same situation, and ended up having a collection that's way larger than I could ever hope to build a layout for ;)