Shikoku Train Spotting Areas Outside of Matsuyama

Guest ___

I'm looking at early May or possibly early October for my trip to Matsuyama. Anyone have any good locations along the, Yodo, Dosan, Tokushima or Yodan Lines, well outside of Matsuayma? I will be traveling with a JR Shikoku pass.

It is outside of Matsuyama... but

1. Takamatsu station

It should be the biggest terminal in Shikoku.  Walking distance to Takamatsu-Chikko station of Kotoden, so you can also check Kotoden trains as well.  Takamatsu Chikko station is located at the edge of Takamatsu castle.  The platform is next to the castle's moat and you can see some sea water fish swimming.

2. Utazu station on Yosan line

Most of limited express trains couple and uncouples at this station between Okayama to Matsuyama bound and Kochi bound.

Yeah, Thanks, just added Takamatsu Station, Utazu and the Kotoden.

Looks like there is also a train musueam somehwere in Ehime, trying to track it down.

Found it: Railway History Park in Saijō

Edited by Shashinka

<blockquote class='ipsBlockquote'data-author="Shashinka" data-cid="91914" data-time="1389633925"><p>

Yeah, Thanks, just added Takamatsu Station, Utazu and the Kotoden.<br />

<br />

Looks like there is also a train musueam somehwere in Ehime, trying to track it down.</p></blockquote>

There's a loco and something else in a building next to Iyo-Saijo station. There could also be something on static display at the Tadotsu Workshop, a few blocks from the station, but I'm not sure.

One possible break is at Oboke station on Dosan line.

You have some nice photo spots close to the station and there is a gorgeous gorge along the line between Koboke and Oboke.

Paste didn't work in IE11 :hmh: . OK, already discussed in the appropriate forum.

Here's two picctures from Oboke mentioned in my previous post.

W080322-012.JPG

W080322-014.JPG

Edited by Kitayama
  • Like 3
One possible break is at Oboke station on Dosan line.

You have some nice photo spots close to the station and there is a gorgeous gorge along the line between Koboke and Oboke.

Wow, amazing! Look at these streetview images: http://goo.gl/maps/ohE6z

• Like 2

Paste didn't work in IE11 :hmh: . OK, already discussed in the appropriate forum.

Here's two picctures from Oboke mentioned in my previous post.

I checked it out on a couple of passes by and decided not to hit it. Train stops here were very limited and the times between locals was pretty bad. It's three hours each way to/from Matsuyama and it just didn't work out.