Sign in to follow this  
DBSchenker60008

Hello from Great Britain

DBSchenker60008

Hello everyone.

I'm Ash and I would like to say hello to all of you once again. I have rejoined this forum under this name because I am really into Japanese trains as I used to model Japanese railways in N gauge about 4 years ago. However due to my change of scale and interests (I mainly focused on US, British and European HO Scale). I finally gave up N scale in 2012 and sold it all off in 2013. But seeing that Kato is gradually increasing their HO scale models of their trains. I shall be slowly building up my Japanese HO Scale fleet as I have just bought the excellent HO scale model of their newly released E5 set which looks tasty to say the least ;).

Some of you might remember me as EWS60008, but I have lost my log in data since that I now use a better internet provider as I was less than impressed with my old service. I couldn't remember my log in info for this forum, so I thought I would just start over from scratch. But likewise, its good to be back after such a long absence :).

IST

Hello, and welcome back on this forum. :)

• Like 1

DBSchenker60008

Thanks for the welcome folks :).

The Next Station Is...

Welcome back, though I wasn't here when you were previously a member!

I always find it strange seeing the DB logo on a British locomotives... (I see them from time to time!)

• Like 1

DBSchenker60008

Thanks. I am glad I am back as I missed this forum ;).

Lawrence

Ash, are/were you on ngaugeforum too?

• Like 1

DBSchenker60008

Hello Lawrence,

If you mean the one that is/was ran by NSE fanatic known as "Tank" then yes I was (gosh I forgot that one :notworthy:) but I have long lost my credentials since telling BT to go and take a walk (if you know what I mean ;)).

Lawrence

That's the one Ash :) still going strong even though I retired my Admin post, a certain Grumbeast has recently signed up there :icon_bounce: , I am sure you would receive a warm welcome back there too.  I could get Tank to email your login to your new email if you like

DBSchenker60008

Hello Lawrence.

I am glad that their forum is going well and its got a strong community. However as its an N gauge forum and I no longer model in N gauge due to my eyesight not being like it was a couple of years ago. I mainly cover OO and HO gauge scales on my list which I have just bought the HO Scale Kato E5 Shinkansen pack. Its really impressive and I do hope that Kato will consider making other variants like the Series 700 Nozomi and Hikari sets (the KTM example is way over my head price-wise) as I would like to build a nice size fleet of HO scale Shinkansens ;).

Best Regards

Ash.

Lawrence

Hi Ash

sorry to read about your eyesight problems that is a real pity, I wish you well with your new ventures

DBSchenker60008

Hello Lawrence,

Not a problem, I think its one of the pitfalls of getting older and having banana-fingers doesn't help either lol. But on the positive side, Kato are increasing their HO scale side of Japanese model trains which is good news and I hope that they will continue this trend in the form of the model Japanese MU trains as I used to own a Series 787 "Relay Tsubame" in N gauge and it was a great set from Kato. So maybe if their Japanese HO scale takes off as I am hoping. Perhaps they may well be kind enough to give us the larger HO cousin ;). To me this MU reminds me of a Class 90 at the front with a BMW bonnet and a mix of a Class 87 :).

Best Regards

Ash.

Densha

If I'm right Tomix and MicroAce also has quite a few H0 models nowadays, so you can always look at those brands too.

DBSchenker60008

I know Tomix make a few HO scale models. But MicroAce? Wow, I will look into this, any links or suggestions to where I can find the HO scale Microace range? :).

Thanks

Ash.

Claude_Dreyfus

Yes, Micro Ace make/made a few multiple units. I have a KiHa 40 and KiHa 183 from their 'Project 80' range.

• Like 1

DBSchenker60008

Thanks Claude. I will look further into this as I would like to own a Kiha 183 unit :).

Claude_Dreyfus

Well, the 183 had a very rare outing last week on a local club's layout. It drew one or two rather admiring glances!

post-109-0-53775800-1390059162_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

lurkingknight

full length 16 car shinkansen... I dare you to do it in HO. :P

• Like 1

DBSchenker60008

If Kato make an N700 in HO scale then I will take it on with a smile :). But the KTM route is out of my league sadly because I am not a banker :(.

Ash.

lurkingknight

yeah I just looked it up, they only have the hayabusa that runs in 10 car. which makes the tomix yamanote  I think the longest HO j-train I could find.. was like 2.5m

• Like 1

Martijn Meerts

E5 + E6 combined is about the same length as a 16-car shinkansen.. 

yeah I just looked it up, they only have the hayabusa that runs in 10 car. which makes the tomix yamanote  I think the longest HO j-train I could find.. was like 2.5m

Hmm.. 2.5m seems a bit short for 'longest H0 j-train', considering that's about the total length of a 16-car shinkansen in N-scale ;)

DBSchenker60008
Well, the 183 had a very rare outing last week on a local club's layout. It drew one or two rather admiring glances!

attachicon.gifKiHa183.jpg

Claude, I do like that Kiha 183 but for the life of me, I cannot find any links on it as I would like to buy one myself. So I am asking you for help here as to where I can buy one of these beauties?

Ash.

I have the Kato E5 "Hayabusa" Shinkansen 4 car set. I shall be making this beauty into 10 cars which I shall be getting the other two cars at the end of this month and then aim to get the last pack in February ;).

Edited by DBSchenker60008

lurkingknight

I only did a quick search in hobbysearch so there might be a longer one out there. Unless I'm doing the math wrong.. yamanote is 220m/ 87 to put it to scale = 2.5

oh wait a 10 car e5 is 253m so that would put it at 2.9m in HO.

regardless.. that's a stupid long train.... I'd love to see a proportional layout that can accommodate that length of train.

E5 + E6 combined is about the same length as a 16-car shinkansen.. 

Hmm.. 2.5m seems a bit short for 'longest H0 j-train', considering that's about the total length of a 16-car shinkansen in N-scale ;)

Edited by lurkingknight

Claude_Dreyfus

I'm afraid I cannot help with where to get these from as this one was obtained about 3 years ago second hand. They are a few years old now, however.

I'll take a look and get hold of the reference number...

DBSchenker60008

That would be greatly appreciated Claude :). The make and reference number should shine some light on Google hopefully :).

Ash.

Edited by DBSchenker60008