jnsforum on Firefox Mobile

Does anyone use jnsforum.com on Firefox's mobile version?  I've tried it a few times but it won't display the mobile version of the site.  I'm not sure if it's a problem with Firefox mobile, the forum software, or both.  Using Chrome, there's a link at the bottom of the main page to select the other (whichever the case may be) version of the site.  I don't see this on Firefox.

Sadly, I use FF on my PC and Mac, but on mobile, I'm using safari. Not sure why it wouldn't view correctly. Hopefully, Martjin will be able to answer.

Martijn Meerts

You mean firefox 27 for desktop is displaying the mobile site? If that's the case, the issue is on Firefox's end, their browser agent string is leading the server to believe it's a mobile device.

There aren't that many people using Firefox on mobile considering the overall experience with the built-in browses is better, especially on iOS devices. I can't really test all the mobile browsers either considering there's just way too many devices out there that have custom stuff on them causing all sorts of strange behaviour. On top of that, I only have iOS devices and I'm not planning on getting any Android device anytime soon. That's not to say they're bad, but having worked with the Android SDK makes me not want to ever touch an Android device ;)

On top of that, I only have iOS devices and I'm not planning on getting any Android device anytime soon.

The free sdk comes with a PC based emulator that can boot and run any version of android. This is a cheap way to test a site. Anyway, the mobile version can be disabled by clicking on the link at the bottom so the phone displays the full version, which is imho much better.

Martijn Meerts

I know about the emulator ;)

And yes, the full site works well on most phones, whereas the mobile site is a bit iffy.