Jump to content

NHK World running a show called Train Cruise


miyakoji

Recommended Posts

This was a really good episode. I think this narrator that they have used in some recent episodes really matches with the atmosphere of the show more than some of the presenters they have had. Every episode is also a treasure trove of scenery ideas. I also often spend a fair amount of time after watching an episode on hobbysearch to see what models have been made of the railway lines featured... so far I have resisted these temptations but it always surprises me how many models have been produced.

 

I was wondering if anyone still had copies of any of the older episodes they could share? I was specifically looking for the episode 'Autumn in Japan's northern island' which seems impossible to find anywhere, but any of the earlier episodes would be good. None of the older google drive links on this topic work anymore unfortunately.

Link to comment
On 1/12/2022 at 8:47 AM, Arctic said:

This was a really good episode. I think this narrator that they have used in some recent episodes really matches with the atmosphere of the show more than some of the presenters they have had. Every episode is also a treasure trove of scenery ideas. I also often spend a fair amount of time after watching an episode on hobbysearch to see what models have been made of the railway lines featured... so far I have resisted these temptations but it always surprises me how many models have been produced.

 

I was wondering if anyone still had copies of any of the older episodes they could share? I was specifically looking for the episode 'Autumn in Japan's northern island' which seems impossible to find anywhere, but any of the earlier episodes would be good. None of the older google drive links on this topic work anymore unfortunately.

Hi, I hope this helps you out 🙂  Autumn in Japan's northern island

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1IYCZFSDWyugDE2AfpVaRsT-vUad-AFR9/view?usp=sharing

Please let me know when you have downloaded it so that I can free up space in my Google Drive. 

Enjoy 🙂 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Tony Galiani

Finally got to watch the Autumn in Akita program and really enjoyed it.  Though I did learn I was pronouncing Akita wrong ....

 

Ciao,

Tony Galiani

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
6 hours ago, Tony Galiani said:

Though I did learn I was pronouncing Akita wrong ....

Glad I wasn't the only one.

Link to comment
bobbodaclown

New Episode!

 

The Myths and Legends of Hiroshima and Shimane

May 7, 2022

May 8, 2022

 

 

We start at Hiroshima, the largest city in the Chugoku region, and journey pastoral landscapes through the Chugoku Mountains to Izumo, Shimane Prefecture. The towns along the way are alive with myths and legends from ancient times. Tales of the Kappa and other supernatural creatures defy scientific explanation. Kagura, which draws its stories from Shinto mythology, is performed in dedication to the deities. Japanese swords that are crucial in traditional events are still being made in the area.

  • Thanks 3
Link to comment
251fan

Hi everyone

 

Does anyone have episodes from 2014 and 2015 seasons of Train Cruise? I can't find some of the episodes from those years anywhere online.

 

Link to comment
katoftw
3 hours ago, 251fan said:

Hi everyone

 

Does anyone have episodes from 2014 and 2015 seasons of Train Cruise? I can't find some of the episodes from those years anywhere online.

 

I have episode 1 to 19. So 2014 to late 2017 I think. PM me whi h you want. I can put then in google docs for downloading.

Link to comment
bobbodaclown

New Episode!

 

The Summer Breezes of Southern Hokkaido

September 3, 2022

 

We travel south from Sapporo on the Hakodate Line, one of Japan's earliest rail lines, to visit a museum that preserves railroad history and a distillery known around the globe for its whisky. Rail fans will not want to miss a rare experience at one of its remote stations. At Oshamambe, customers enjoy crab bento while savouring the joy of travel, without boarding a train. Leisurely journey through an area where new winds will blow when the Shinkansen starts operations in the future.

  • Like 4
Link to comment
Tony Galiani

Enjoyed the show.  Inspired me to watch a cab ride video of the line.  Looks like it will close when the Shinkansen goes into service around 2031 - - sort of sad but I guess that is understandable.

Tony

  • Like 1
Link to comment
bobbodaclown
On 9/6/2022 at 9:39 PM, Tony Galiani said:

Enjoyed the show.  Inspired me to watch a cab ride video of the line.  Looks like it will close when the Shinkansen goes into service around 2031 - - sort of sad but I guess that is understandable.

Tony

Do you have a link the the cab ride video please Tony?

Link to comment

New Episode!

 

The Energetic Port Towns of Iwate and Aomori

December 3, 2022

December 4, 2022

 

We travel Japan's northeast on the JR Hachinohe Line and Aoimori Railway, stopping at port towns along the way to experience the energetic culture and nature of Iwate and Aomori Prefectures. Feel the earth's power at an expansive, natural lawn on the coast. Browse the 300 stalls at a bustling, morning market and wonder at the range of products on offer. Get a rush from the exciting musical style of the Tsugaru shamisen. And, view the impressive Nebuta Festival of lights, which draws one million spectators.

  • Like 1
Link to comment

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...