NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

Only been 8 episodes. I'm sure more will come from other regions. Kyushu does have a large amount of Joyful trains, and it is about all the JR Kyushu is known for. you never know, Kyushu might have been more forthcoming with their services for free to NHK, which is why they feature more. But like all shows, when other companies see the benefits from being featured, they jomp on board quickly also.

What would you like to see more of? Toyama/Chibu area would be good.

Edited by katoftw

Actually there were other areas span across the 8 already aired episodes:

Episode 1: Kyushu Hitsatsu Line

Episode 2: Kyushu Beppu Yufuin-no-Mori

Episode 3: Takayama, Tsudoi sightseeing train

Episode 4: Kyoto - Arashiyama, Sagano Torroko sightseeing train

Episode 5: Tohoku region, Akita

Episode 6 & 7: Shikoku Wonderland

Episode 8: Kyushu Aso boy

Like Katoftw san has mentioned, Kyushu has quite a number of resort/ joyful/ sightseeing trains hence it was featured more. I would like to see more shinkansen though, but I doubt it will happen since this series is more on sightseeing rather than trains alone.  

I am really looking forward to the Aso boy, since it's on my plan next year. Definitely watching this.

Now with the Toreiyu E3 on the Yamagata Shinkansen maybe they will feature that. But I think I read that it only runs between Fukushima and Shinjo so only on the mini-Shinkansen section.

• Like 1

Sharks I missed the show yesterday... Looking forward to 'the_wierd-one' san and/ or Lee san to kindly upload this for us. Thank you very much in advance! Gotta watch this Aso boy episode...

Sharks I missed the show yesterday... Looking forward to 'the_wierd-one' san and/ or Lee san to kindly upload this for us. Thank you very much in advance! Gotta watch this Aso boy episode...

Copying from my satellite to my PC as I type, will then trim and send to the_weird_one for conversion and uploading. Haven't watched it myself yet, too many things on the "to watch" list at the moment.

Nice trip with this Aso Boy train even if the couple "father-son" who makes comments throughout this report tends to irritate a little bit.

Next episode in September. A long time to wait.

Train CruiseOld Fashioned Rail Journey around Lake Biwa
Sep. 27, Sat. 0:10/ 6:10/ 12:10/ 18:10 (UTC)
  • 140927train_cruise01.jpg
  • 140927train_cruise02.jpg
  • 140927train_cruise03.jpg
  • 140927train_cruise04.jpg
  • 140927train_cruise05.jpg
Our train journey takes you to Lake Biwa, Japan's biggest lake. We board trains cherished by the locals and sample food they recommend. The Gachakon Train on the Omi Railway Main Line gets its name from the noisy "gacha" sound it makes during its journey. We also ride a special summer train that operates as a beer hall on wheels and climb aboard the SL Kita-Biwako that travels the JR Hokuriku Main Line at certain times of the year.

Edited by wolff67310
  • Like 3

Blimey, that's a long way off... I hope I don't forget that.

If anyone remembers, can they just pop a reminder either in this thread or by PM to me, just so that I remember to record it. That way, I'll get a notification that will jog my memory. Days and weeks can very easily slip by without me noticing. :(

• Like 1

That would be great thanks.

I don't mind if everyone reminds me to be honest. I want to see it, and I know that recording it for people on here is useful for those that can't watch it direct.

I don't have also the possibility to download it in HD from my TV, so every recording posted here is always welcome.

Okay, I actually remembered to look for this today, so I have now got it set to record twice, in case one is a bad recording. :)

Thanks for the reminder, I've been a bit busy and haven't been following their schedule.

ttps://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=823936464319778&set=vb.461895657190529&type=2&theater

1 day left !!!   

2 h · 

Our train journey takes you to Lake Biwa, Japan's biggest lake. We board trains cherished by the locals and sample food they recommend. If you have a passion for railways, do not miss this program!

Train Cruise 
Traveling like a local around Lake Biwa 
September 27, Sat. 9:10 / 15:10 / 21:10 (JST)
September 28, Sun. 3:10
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/english/tv/special/201409.html#pId201409270010

• Like 3