NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

Interesting, but the model is incorrect. The model has the front end of the original railcar removed and replaced by a glass covered front. The prototype kept the original front end and the nose section is only bolted on without any glass panels. Imho the model looks better than the prototye and it was probably made before the prototype was completed.

wolff67310

Next episode soon !

Train CruiseShikoku Railroad Wonderland PARTⅡ
Jun. 15, Sun. 0:10/ 6:10/ 12:10/ 18:10 (UTC)
  • Like 2

Next episode soon !

Train CruiseShikoku Railroad Wonderland PARTⅡ
Jun. 15, Sun. 0:10/ 6:10/ 12:10/ 18:10 (UTC)

Excellent, will set that to record when it appears in the EPG. I can only see 7 days ahead, so I will do it on Monday.

The website mentions that the 2nd half will be a 'omnibus' part, so I guess a summary. Well, at least the 1st half is new Shikoku stuff.

Maybe it's just a bad translation.  I don't see why they'd change the overall format; in the first episode they got from Takamatsu to Uwajima, in this episode they should go up to Matsuyama and then back to Takamatsu.

I read the description. Unfortunately not a translation error. Why they can't fill the show with the Uwajima to Takamatsu footage, I don't know. Maybe they just stop at Matsuyama. Too bad, JR Shikoku has a shop at Tadotsu.

Summary or conclusion.  Different things in different worlds.  Just watch and enjoy.  No need for negetivity before it has even been aired.

• Like 1

There's something a bit strange going on this weekend. Train Cruise is on four times on Saturday, but it is also on four times on Sunday. The actual description in the EPG is different for Saturday and Sunday. This might be an error, but they don't generally run programmes eight times anymore, so it may in fact be two different episodes. Maybe they are running part 1 again, but it doesn't say "Part 1". I have set my satellite to record twice on Saturday and twice on Sunday, so I will check to see if they are in fact different.

Ha as I read this I checked our cable box, same thing and while looking a commercial for train cruises came on and it sounds like the ones on sat are the rebroadcast of part 1 and Sunday will be part 2 including matsuama and the botchan steam train.

Jeff

Envy! NHK isn't available at my cable provider. Strange enough there's one provider here that DOES broadcasts it but we can't receive them here. :/

At least we have Lee who records it in HD for us! :D And there's always the live stream but the quality leaves much to be desired.

Just finished watching this yesterday. To be frank, the other episodes were much better. This was really short, being part II and all, and not much trains were covered. The Botochan was interesting though, and the special re-cap was more or less like a... re-cap of the previous episodes. Was expecting they'll throw in a surprise or two but no...

The next one is interesting though, the Aso boy trip! I'll be making this trip so this episode will be important to my planning!

... This was really short, being part II and all, ...

Hello Mr JR500,

All episodes are 45 - 50 minutes in length.  This includes the latest episode.  Perhaps you enjoyed the episode so much that time flew ...

Hello Mr JR500,

All episodes are 45 - 50 minutes in length.  This includes the latest episode.  Perhaps you enjoyed the episode so much that time flew ...

Hi ochanomizu san:

Yes, but this episode ended at around 22 mins before the 're-cap' portion came along, so it seemed really short... Really looking forward to them riding more shinkansens but I know the series is more about resort trains and trains with fantastic views... There are some more that would really be interesting, like the Fujikyo trains that has many liveries and fantastic view of Mount Fuji, or even a train cruise around Tokyo will be nice ~~

Yeah I wasn't fussed with it either. Seemed even the production was completely different.

the music in the first 6 was old 30-50s song sang in a modern twist. This one was just normal oriental background misuc and the narration, even though using the same narrator, was completely different style.

Next one does look more interesting though.

Thanks for uploading! The latest episode was around 70 minutes, so they had to split it to two parts. (50+20 minutes) I'm looking forward to the next one with the Aso Boy.

• Like 1

Coming soon !     Train CruiseFamily Fun at the Aso Caldera

Jul. 19, Sat. 0:10/ 6:10/ 12:10/ 18:10 (UTC)
  • 140719train_cruise01.jpg
  • 140719train_cruise02.jpg
  • 140719train_cruise03.jpg
  • 140719train_cruise04.jpg
  • 140719train_cruise05.jpg
Another episode in our series for train lovers. This time we feature a fun trip for the whole family. Starting at Kumamoto Station in Kyushu, we head towards Mt. Aso. Kids will be delighted with the cute dog mascot for the special express train, Asoboy. The train is equipped with a library with a collection of picture books and plenty of space for families to play and rest. We then take the old-fashioned scenic "Torokko" trolley train, crossing a bridge 60 meters high over a stunning valley amid the beautiful surrounds of Mt. Aso.
Edited by wolff67310
  • Like 3