NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

16 minutes ago, Ochanomizu said:

Hello fmuldoone,

What episode do you require? 

I'm looking for the "Japan's Historic Tramways" episode of NHK World's "Seasoning the Seasons". A download link was posted for it way back on page 8 of this thread in 2014, but it's gone dead. I was really hoping someone could re-upload it since it's one of the last six episodes of "Seasoning the Seasons" I need for a complete set.

Edited by fmuldoone
typo

Hello fmuldoone,

So sorry, it is no longer on the NHK On Demand website.  If it was, I could have fulfilled your request.

Thank you so much! Only 5 more 'til I complete the set. Incidentally, there are a few other train-centric episodes of this series. Here are the download links in case anyone is interested:

Spring in Kyoto - A Trip on a Little Local Train
https://mega.nz/#F!G74RwLYR!D0_E23dYzmaRu_EL2fzTIQ?y7w0CabT

Ekiben - A Box of Flavor and Feeling
https://mega.nz/#F!LroR3bpB!oeQNZTJ4LzonIfaf7y7m7w?Sy4QDKhJ

Sanriku Railway - Back From the Brink
https://mega.nz/#F!LroR3bpB!oeQNZTJ4LzonIfaf7y7m7w?PzJDSCJC

Edited by fmuldoone

Oops missed this.  There was a new episode on March the 2nd

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20190302/2068014/

The Passage of Time in the Snowy North

March 2, 2019

Traverse the sublime winter wonderland in the northern reaches of Honshu on local lines. Tsugaru Railway is famous for the coal-fired stove on its train. Wonder at the rugged coastline along the Sea of Japan on the JR Gono Line. The Konan Railway is a lifeline for local residents. Visit the old temples, sake breweries, and wooden buildings designated as important cultural properties, and savor the local dishes. Enjoy a slow journey through tranquil snowscapes and sense the passing of time.

• Thanks 2
bobbodaclown
On 3/31/2019 at 7:08 AM, katoftw said:

Oops missed this.  There was a new episode on March the 2nd

Yes, weird that, I missed it also and yet I check virtually every day!

By my calculations this should be episode 31.

Edited by bobbodaclown
bobbodaclown

New episode:

May 4, 2019

Along the Sparkling River into the Heart of Japan

"The Nagara River in Gifu Prefecture is one of Japan's most beautiful. Running for 72.1km north-south along the stream is the Nagaragawa Railway. The run takes about 2 hours and includes 38 stations. The people who live along the line have intimate relationships with the river. A highly skilled boatwright who uses ancient techniques to build wooden river ships. A middle-aged couple celebrates the river and mountain scenery at their country inn. A man refocuses his life on the river after giving up on his dream of making music overseas."

Edited by bobbodaclown
  • Like 2
bobbodaclown

New Episode!

June 1, 2019

The Energy of Yamaguchi's Harsh Coastline

"We depart on our 120km journey from Mojiko in Kitakyushu, Fukuoka Pref. Its grand station built in 1914 has been restored to its former glory. We travel through the world's first undersea tunnel to Shimonoseki, whose specialty is blowfish. After feasting on seafood, we head east along the stunning, azure seas of the Sea of Japan coast bound for Hagi, Yamaguchi Pref. We visit unusual sea stacks, feel the power of a millennium-old tree, and talk to the locals who live along these tempestuous seas."

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20190601/2068016/

• Thanks 2

new episode alert :)

Quaint Sketches of Life in the Nagano Countryside

August 3, 2019

10:10 - 10:55 / 16:10 - 16:55 / 22:10 - 22:55 / 4:10 - 4:55

Travel the verdant countryside of Nagano Prefecture in early summer. Our journey starts at a hot-spring town on the Ueda Line where the conductor plays harmonica for passengers. Trains rattle through rustic, hilly terrain along Nagano Electric Railway. The Shinano Line gives new life to colorful, old trains. The JR Shinonoi Line has a view of 1,500 terraced rice fields. The JR Oito Line runs along the foot of the majestic Northern Alps. We peek into the lives of the residents who live each day with thanks to nature.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20190803/2068017/

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Quaint Sketches of Life in the Nagano Countryside Travel the verdant countryside of Nagano Prefecture in early summer. Our journey starts at a hot-spring town on the Ueda Line where the conductor plays harmonica for passengers. Trains rattle through rustic, hilly terrain along Nagano Electric Railway. The Shinano Line gives new life to colorful, old trains. The JR Shinonoi Line has a view of 1,500 terraced rice fields. The JR Oito Line runs along the foot of the majestic Northern Alps. We peek into the lives of the residents who live each day with thanks to nature.

Edited by JPTRAINS
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

New Episode!

Summer Reflections in the North

October 5, 2019

Our stage this time is Hokkaido Prefecture in the north of Japan. There are many sites worth visiting, such as the hills that display a colorful tapestry under blue skies, Japan's most vast flower gardens, and a serene lake perfect for canoeing. Among the trains that run along this route, the most popular might possibly be the summertime-only sightseeing train, from which you can fully enjoy the summer winds and views. There is even a nostalgic, 40-year-old diesel engine that runs on this line.

• Like 2

New episode!

Lake Biwa and Beyond

January 4, 2020

11:10 - 11:55 / 17:10 - 17:55 / 23:10 - 23:55 

January 5, 2020

5:10 - 5:55 

We travel from Kyoto Prefecture along the western coast of Lake Biwa and beyond to Tsuruga on the Sea of Japan. Admire the late fall scenery on the cable car and rope way to the peak of Mt. Hiei, where we catch a glimpse of Japan's largest lake. We visit vestiges of the locally funded, now-defunct Kojaku Railway, and we meet a blacksmith, an antique shop owner and a cooper who all relocated to the area. We arrive at Tsuruga, once the international train's boat connection to the Trans-Siberian Railway.

• Like 2

New Episode!

The Sanriku Coast's Unbeatable Spirit

March 7, 2020

11:10 - 11:55 / 17:10 - 17:55 / 23:10 - 23:55 

March 8, 2020

5:10 - 5:55 

The Sanriku Railway Rias Line runs 163km the length of Iwate Pref. in Japan's northeast, from Kuji Station in the north through Sakari Station in the south. The only way to conquer the rugged coastline was to go through it, with no fewer than 80 tunnels. Brilliant scenery and the sea awaits when you exit each tunnel. Travel the Sanriku Railway that was the beacon of hope for the region's quick recovery after the Sanriku coastline suffered much damage during the 2011 Great East Japan Earthquake.

*Parts of the Sanriku Railway which remain suspended due to typhoon damage are expected to resume on March 20th, 2020.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

Is anyone able to upload copies of the following episodes?:

Episode 7: Shikoku Railroad Wonderland - Part 2

Episode 11: Japanese Culture along the Inland Sea

Episode 13: Autumn in Japan's Northern Island

I've seen all the other episodes of Train Cruise, but just can't seem to find these episodes anywhere.

Love this NHK series. But sadly I can't seem to find some of the earliest episodes (2013-2015).

Not about trains, but also check out NHK Cycle Japan. Great as well!