NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

The first week of 2018 will start with a new episode of Train Cruise in Fukushima and Miyagi prefectures.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/201712260600/

January 6, 2018

Along the Mountain Rivers of Fukushima and Miyagi

This time, we travel through Fukushima and Miyagi Prefectures, a region that has maintained a close relationship with nearby rivers and mountains. We start off heading north alongside Japan's 6th largest river, visiting a mini steam locomotive and enjoy some river boating along the way. In the city, we find a subway train that climbs up mountains and crosses rivers, and at times offers some nice scenery. Our journey ends with a specialty tourist train and a visit to 1,000-year-old hot springs.

Hours of Broadcast (London Time)

Saturday, January 6  0:10 - 0:55  6:10 - 6:55  12:10 - 12:55  18:10 - 18:55

• Like 3

And now the details of new Train Cruise episode for next week:

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/201801100600/

January 20, 2018

The Treasures of Country Life outside Osaka

We travel from Osaka Station, the gateway to western Japan, through neighboring Hyogo Prefecture. We explore a rural line that was revitalized by local residents, then travel to the Seto Inland Sea to relish fresh oysters. Next, we ride the futuristic Super Hakuto. At a 400-year-old post town that has changed little over time, we hear tales about master swordsman Miyamoto Musashi. Further on, we travel through mountains on the Hamakaze to a bag-producing town where we meet Japan's sole wicker-trunk weaver. At our final destination Kinosaki, we relax in 1,400-year-old hot springs and reflect on the treasures Hyogo has to offer.

Hours of Broadcast (London Time)

Saturday, January 20  0:10 - 0:55  6:10 - 6:55  12:10 - 12:55  18:10 - 18:55

Edited by fpav_2125
7 hours ago, Faiyez said:

I missed episode 21 and would appreciate a reupload from anyone. Thanks for the great work.

I have it uploading now.  I'll post a link for it and I'll leave it in my folder for a week or so.

I just wanted to post something here as an advisory.

I now have two files on my Google Drive that have been "Flagged for abuse", one of them being TC Episode 21. From what I have read, than can happen with suspected piracy violations, which is pretty serious. As a result, I am going to have to clear any files that might cause more of these issues. I would advise anyone uploading these files to Google Drive, to keep a very close eye on their files.

My files might have been flagged by someone who is annoyed at my decision to stop uploading, or someone might have shared the links into a more public place and they got spotted. Whatever the cause/reason, I now unfortunately have to act on the consequences and remove the files from on there.

I am going to post the same message on the Japan Railway Journal thread.

flagged.jpg

41 minutes ago, MisterChief said:

Anyone have episode 22?

I have it uploading now.  I'll post a link for it and I'll leave it in my folder for a week or so.

Edited by katoftw

Yay! New!

March 17, 2018

Pacific Coastal Life in Shikoku Island

Luke Bridgford travels to eastern Kochi Prefecture in Shikoku where he embarks on his 200-kilometer long eastward journey along the Pacific coastline. He starts on the TOSA KUROSHIO Railway, exploring the epic nature of the Shimanto River basin. He then boards a Limited Express Nanpu with speeds of up to 120 kilometers per hour. He alights in Kuroshio -- an old fishing village. Later in the old castle town of Kochi, Luke gets around on Japan's oldest tram, the Tosaden. He reaches the eastern end of his journey on the Gomen-Nahari Line and his goal, Cape Muroto.

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/20180317/2068006/

• Like 2