NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

scotspensioner

I had to laugh at the background music while Lee was riding the reindeer powered sleigh.I was expecting a Jimmy Shand type Scottish accordion band to appear-- The tune was Rory o More- a well known scots- Irish tune!

• Like 1

In next week we have also a new episode of Train Cruise offering a trip from Okayama to Hiroshima prefecture along the coast with the same presentator of last episode in Hokkaido along the Soya Line (February)

https://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/tv/traincruise/201706080600/

June 17, 2017

Along the Coast of the Seto Inland Sea

Located in western Japan, the Seto Inland Sea is home to about 700 islands. This episode, we travel from Okayama Prefecture to Hiroshima Prefecture along the coast. The La Malle de Bois train is perfect for tourists with free Wi-Fi and outlets, while the Setouchi Marine View's huge windows allow for amazing views of the ocean. While taking in the beautiful sights, we stop at Kurashiki, Onomichi, Takehara, Kure, and finally Hiroshima, enjoying all that they have to offer.

Hours of Broadcast (London Time)

Saturday, June 17 1:10 - 1:557:10 - 7:5513:10 - 13:5519:10 - 19:55
Edited by fpav_2125
  • Like 3
bobbodaclown

In next week we have also a new episode of Train Cruise offering a trip from Okayama to Hiroshima prefecture along the coast with the same presentator of last episode in Hokkaido along the Soya Line (February)

June 17, 2017

Along the Coast of the Seto Inland Sea

Came to post this, left happy. Thanks fpav.

Edited by bobbodaclown
bobbodaclown

I'm still after episodes 2 to 11 and if anyone has them available I would be very grateful  :).

I'm still after episodes 2 to 11 and if anyone has them available I would be very grateful  :).

I've got them but even converted, that's over 10GB of uploads at 30 minutes per GB. I am afraid I don't have the space on Google Drive or the time to upload that much stuff.

If you lived local I could put them onto disc for you but going off your location, that's not the case. Not sure what the best option is really, sorry. :(

Edit: Just checked, postage seems to be around £5.05 + vat and around 5 - 7 days to Australia. So if you were missing any of JRJ as well, the option is there for you to cover the postage costs and get them all on 2 discs... they will be Blu-Ray discs though, not DVD, as TC is around 18GB and JRJ is about 21GB. Can't do them as uncompressed files as JRJ is around 75GB in its original format.

Edited by LeeC22

I'm still after episodes 2 to 11 and if anyone has them available I would be very grateful :).

If you can wait another week till I finish moving house then I can upload them all for you :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the episode.

Spending a day from Mihara to Hiroshima was always in the plans for a future trip along the Kure Line.  But might add in Okayama to Mihara along the Sanyo Line also for a day.

bobbodaclown

I've got them but even converted, that's over 10GB of uploads at 30 minutes per GB. I am afraid I don't have the space on Google Drive or the time to upload that much stuff.

If you lived local I could put them onto disc for you but going off your location, that's not the case. Not sure what the best option is really, sorry. :(

Edit: Just checked, postage seems to be around £5.05 + vat and around 5 - 7 days to Australia. So if you were missing any of JRJ as well, the option is there for you to cover the postage costs and get them all on 2 discs... they will be Blu-Ray discs though, not DVD, as TC is around 18GB and JRJ is about 21GB. Can't do them as uncompressed files as JRJ is around 75GB in its original format.

If you can wait another week till I finish moving house then I can upload them all for you :)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Thank you both very much gentlemen. If you get stuck utrainia I will take Lee up on his very kind offer.

I don't envy you moving house. My mum has just moved into a nursing home and my sister and I are having "great fun" going through nearly 60 years of accumulated "stuff". Good luck and I hope it all goes smoothly. 

Edited by bobbodaclown
bobbodaclown

Hi Lee, all up to date with JRJ. I just didn't hear about the Train Cruse programme until relatively recently. Many thanks for Episode 18.