NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

Is that on Astra 19.2e wolff67310?

I can get all the European satellites and noticed that the UK seems to be the only one showing the HD version of NHK World. Luckily it's a free channel too. :)

Hi Lee

I don't know exactly which satellite is used as I have a "CANALSAT" decoder which points I think on an ASTRA Satellite.

But NHK WORLD (the only japanese channel I can watch) is only on SD

The size of you shared file is about 1.06 Go, the image is worth it.

Yeah, Canalsat is on 19.2e. It's a shame about NHK World being in SD, Canalsat have quite a lot of HD channels.

Thank you so much Lee! For the sat question www.kingofsat.net/

Ah,kingofsat... a site I use regularly, in fact just yesterday as Sky have been moving channels about recently. Fortunately, NHK World wasn't one of them.

Thank you so much Lee san! Even if not in HD, it's still great to collect these train videos, and it's thanks to you I can achieve that! Kudos!

• Like 1

Thank you to those that make the downloads happen.  Not much trains, and the presenter's passion was interesting.  But an enjoyable episode.

• Like 1

I just thought I would ask the question to get some feedback from the people that have tried the VoD service.

Besides having a time limit, VoD tends not to work in streaming mode if the connection is slow and can't be downloaded for offline viewing. So thanks for uploading them!

• Like 1

Thank you so much Lee san! Even if not in HD, it's still great to collect these train videos, and it's thanks to you I can achieve that! Kudos!

The resolution is still the same as my other uploads, they've just changed their channel logo... not sure why, unless it's because they only broadcast one channel on Sky UK, so they don't think they need to show it as a HD channel. :icon_scratch: It still shows as NHK World HD in the EPG.

I will know if they ever change the resolution, because the recorded files will be smaller on my desktop... so rest assured, nothing has changed, just the logo. :)

NHK probably have simply decided to use a single logo, I do not think that NHK modify the international feed to be transmitted from different satellites

Okay, just a heads up... I'm about to hit 80% of my google drive capacity, so I need to clear some old stuff off there. If there's anything I've uploaded in this thread that people want, can they make sure they've downloaded it over the next couple of days.

As well as doing Train Cruise, I also upload Japan Railway Journal for dabsan to share, plus any other one off shows, like the Shinkansen show today (which I'll be sharing later if anyone is interested). The JRJ episodes get cleared when dabsan has taken a copy, but I do still have the first episode on my drive.

Sorry if this is a pain for anyone, but I either make space, or have to start really compromising the quality to cut down on upload size... which I'd rather not do. I didn't just want to delete things without giving people chance to get them though.

• Like 5

Thanks Lee san! That is nice of you to share. No worries I've kept a full copy of the Train Cruise series if anyone needs ~  :)

• Like 2

I started collecting them (from my own recordings) from Episode 3. Episodes 1 & 2 have been posted on here, but I'm a picky sod when it comes to quality, so I downloaded them but deleted them without watching them.

They recently ran Episodes 1 & 3 again and that's what prompted me to request a re-run of this one. This means I now have a full set of 12 episodes recorded directly, in HD.

• Like 2

I watched EP1 and EP2 today with the kids.  We did the same Hisatsu Line trip as Nick Scazs did in EP1 last October.  And discussed with them about returning to do the Kyudai Line.  Weird conversation with a 6 and 4yo knowing what they want being so young. haha

I cannot wait for EP13 to arrive!

• Like 1

Okay, for anyone that wants to see this old episode (Episode 2, from November 2013), here it is: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0ZURsLU5fWnlVSU0/view?usp=sharing

Turned out to be a good job I always record things more than once, because the first recording I watched had 4 minutes of black screen in the middle. :(

This is converted off one with no problems, so hopefully, it should be okay. My system does seem to be having problems with certain video formats after some recent software installations, so let me know if things are not right.

I started collecting them (from my own recordings) from Episode 3. Episodes 1 & 2 have been posted on here, but I'm a picky sod when it comes to quality, so I downloaded them but deleted them without watching them.

They recently ran Episodes 1 & 3 again and that's what prompted me to request a re-run of this one. This means I now have a full set of 12 episodes recorded directly, in HD.

Thanks Lee for the HQ upload of number 2! I'm like you, I like the good quality, but seem to be missing number 1. If it isn't too much of a hassle, would someone be able to post a link to the HD rip on episode 1?

Thanks Lee for the HQ upload of number 2! I'm like you, I like the good quality, but seem to be missing number 1. If it isn't too much of a hassle, would someone be able to post a link to the HD rip on episode 1?

I had the link posted three or so pages back, then needed to clear some space on Google Drive so took it off. I don't save the converted versions, so if nobody else can provide a link, then I can do, but it will be in a day or so because I will have to convert it again.

the_weird_one

I've still got space on my Google Drive to host the HD files but hadn't read this thread for a while so didn't know that you'd recorded Ep's 1 and 2 Lee - if you can send me the link to Ep1 I'll upload it to my drive later

• Like 1
Ronny, on 13 Oct 2015 - 1:58 PM, said:

I search the link but i didn't find it.

I had hoped that someone that had downloaded it from me, would have uploaded it for utrainia, to save me having to convert and upload it again. So there wasn't a link to find, the uploader would have created one... but it's sorted now anyway.