NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

Thanks Lee. I saw the show on tv, it was great. Since I don't have NHK on HD, your mp4 file is excellent quality for me.

I have a recording of Design Talks Plus from this week, that was about Railway Design. The programme was going along fairly well, and then the final section made it seem perfect for this forum, as they had a section on model railways that was really interesting. I'd like to share it, but I am getting a bit concerned about the fact I keep uploading different shows to a Train Cruise thread... I don't want to derail the thread too much. (sorry, I just couldn't resist that :D )

Would it be better in its own thread?

Train Cruise on again this weekend. Seems to be the Shikoku Railroad Wonderland episode again. I was getting my hopes up that it would be Episode 2. :(

Edited by LeeC22

Train Cruise on again this weekend. Seems to be the Shikoku Railroad Wonderland episode again. I was getting my hopes up that it would be Episode 2. :(

Didn't you post it already?

Yeah, I only mentioned it for anyone that likes to watch the show live on TV. If anyone else gets NHK World HD, then they can watch it in higher quality than my uploads.

• Like 1

It was on again this weekend, but from what I can see, it's a repeat of Episode 8. Train Cruise might not happen as much now, seeing as they have Railway Journal on once a month.

Train CruiseNature from the Windows of Trains

Jul. 18, Sat. 23:10

Jul. 19, Sun. 5:10/ 10:10/ 17:10 (UTC)

• 150718traincruise01.jpg
  • 150718traincruise02.jpg
  • 150718traincruise03.jpg
  • 150718traincruise04.jpg
  • 150718traincruise05.jpg
The Oi River (Oigawa) flows through the center of Shizuoka Prefecture starting from the Southern Alps. The Oigawa Railways run a distance of 65 km along the river. They feature a nostalgic steam locomotive and a tram which climbs a steep hill. This route draws the attention of railway enthusiasts as a functioning railway theme park. Along the route, we encounter thriving traditional Japanese culture and view beautiful forest scenery from the windows of retro rail cars.

Our traveler this time is Francesco Bellissimo, a food researcher from Italy. He journeys along the Oigawa Railways to discover unseen parts of Japan.

• Like 1

Now that NHK World has their video on demand feature, do people still want uploads of this show? I don't mind either way, as I record them all anyway. I just don't know what quality their VoD service is, so I could be uploading something not as good as they're providing. I'd like to upload the original recordings, but at close to 4GB an episode, it's just too much.

I've got this set to record twice, like I normally do, so I'll have a converted version available tomorrow afternoon if it's still wanted.

Now that NHK World has their video on demand feature, do people still want uploads of this show? I don't mind either way, as I record them all anyway. I just don't know what quality their VoD service is, so I could be uploading something not as good as they're providing. I'd like to upload the original recordings, but at close to 4GB an episode, it's just too much.

I've got this set to record twice, like I normally do, so I'll have a converted version available tomorrow afternoon if it's still wanted.

Lee, I just checked the last episode of Japan Railway Journal on the NHK VoD service (http://www3.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/en/vod/japanrailway/20150710.html).

There is no resolution setting at all. I don't know if the system broadcasts at a resolution fitting your available bandwith but the quality of the video was too crappy to be watched fullscreen (probably 360p...).

So, in a train station beggar fashion, I'd ask you to please continue to upload the quality rips that you've produced until now.

A big thank you in advance ! :)

I say keep going, reasons being:-

1. VOD only last a small period of time.

2. VOD is lower quality.

3. I like having my own copy on my HDD.

I am more than happy to carry on uploading, it really isn't a problem. I just thought I would ask the question to get some feedback from the people that have tried the VoD service.

I have a personal matter to attend to in the morning, but I should be able to get it uploaded around 3pm UK time.

@katoftw: I know what you mean with regards to number 3), I just wish they would run Episode 2 again, it's the one episode I am missing in high quality. Even more annoying as they've re-run Episodes 1 & 3 recently. I might have to send them an email to encourage them. :D

• Like 1

Great ! A new episode of train cruise.

Thank you to carry on uploading.

Such shows are worth to be seen in HD for the japan railway and landscapes enthousisast as I am.

Thank you so much Lee C22 for the job !

In France they broadcasted the show today at 12:10 PM, but as it was lunch time, I've missed a part of it. 

We don't have to possibility to watch it on HD too.

:)  nice to have the possibility to wach it entirely now.

• Like 1