NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

Yeah that part was cool, they also explained what it was, maybe some railfans-in-the-making will see that, do the appropriate googling, and wind up here :)

Thank you for sharing Dabsan! Will be nice to watch!  :)

Come to think about it. for the episodes of Train Cruises, the following were covered:

1) Train Cruise Episode 1 - A century-old railway in Kyushu

2) Train Cruise Episode 2- Journey to highland hot spring resorts Beppu

3) Train Cruise Episode 3- Exciting Rail Attractions on a 400km Journey Takayama/ Nagoya

4) Train Cruise Episode 4 - A Fall Trip from Kyoto to the Japan Sea

5) Train Cruise Episode 5 - A heart-warming journey through the Tohoku winter Akita

6) Train Cruise Episode 6 - Shikoku Railroad Wonderland (Part 1)

7) Train Cruise Episode 7 - Shikoku Railroad Wonderland (Part 2)

8) Train Cruise Episode 8 - Kyushu Aso

9) Train Cruise Episode 9 - Old Fashioned Rail Journey around Lake Biwa

10) Train Cruise 10 - Autumn Delights in Tohoku and Shin-Etsu

11) Train Cruise Episode 11 -  Japanese Culture along the Inland Sea Hiroshima/ Yamaguchi

So, why no Hokkaido?  :)

They'll get there in the end I think.  Hokkaido I guess is a little geographical challenged when it comes to trains that aren't regular boring commuter trains all being in a small area close by or parallel lines to choose from.

Probably a bit like Shikoku.  Probably do the whole island in 1.5 episodes also.

It will be interesting to see what they do next.

Toyoma/Kurobe/Hokuriku Shinkansen?

Hokkaido?

Saga/Nagasaki?

Somewhere in mid coastline Tohoku?

Enoshima/Hakone/Izu/

Shizuoka?

Edited by katoftw

The Japanese are really hyped about the recently launched Hokuriku Shinkansen, so perhaps an episode on Toyama, Tateyama Route perhaps? combined with Kanazawa will be nice, using the Hokuriku shinkansen as a background and Toyama also has many trams...

Also, the Enoden-Shonan Monorail-Hakone makes quite a good episode too, featuring Enoden, an inverted monorail and also Odakyu Romance Cars. Should be mighty interesting if you ask me ~

• Like 1

I would love to see a Train Cruise episode focused around the Hokuriku region, especially the trains going to the Noto Peninsula and the trains going south from Itoigawa and Toyama (the train from Itoigawa to Minami-Otari on the Ōito Line goes through some really spectacular mountain scenery, as you can see from this video taken back in October 2011 from a KiHa 120 DMU, which had just been introduced on this part of the line at the time):

Edited by Sacto1985
  • Like 1

I managed to accidentally record the most recent episode with the Hiroshima trams and the Nishikigawa line. I need to quit watching this stuff - I keep finding lines that would be great to model!

• Like 1

I managed to accidentally record the most recent episode with the Hiroshima trams and the Nishikigawa line. I need to quit watching this stuff - I keep finding lines that would be great to model!

Hi Ken, any chance of a share of your recording via Dropbox or Google Drive ? My share of it on here was pretty low quality.

Or does anyone else have a higher quality recording to share?

Many Thanks

Darren

:)

@dabsan: I've got it recorded, but with you sharing it, I didn't bother to upload. If you want me to upload it, it's no problem.

No problem... sorry it was late going up. I was just about to do it on Saturday and got the notification about dabsan posting that he had uploaded it, so I didn't do it.

No problem... sorry it was late going up. I was just about to do it on Saturday and got the notification about dabsan posting that he had uploaded it, so I didn't do it.

Thank you Lee, your copy of the show is very good quality. Many thanks for sharing  :notworthy:

Edited by dabsan

Just a bit of a heads up for anyone that watches NHK World, the schedule for most of the programmes seems to be changing next week...

• Like 1

l for one would love to see them do a Train Cruise episode around Shimane and western Tottori Prefectures. I want to see the Izumo Orochi excursion train that runs from Izumoshi east to Shinji on the San'in Main Line, then down the Kisuki Line all the way to Bingo-Ochiai.

• Like 1

I want to see the Izumo Orochi excursion train that runs from Izumoshi east to Shinji on the San'in Main Line, then down the Kisuki Line all the way to Bingo-Ochiai.

I'd like a model of this thing.

Okay... as a special Easter treat, I stayed up until it had finished recording, so I could convert and upload it for you all to watch.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7LFvItVrwd0ODVFYmVHX2s1azA/view?usp=sharing

At about 40 seconds in, there is a "through the front window" shot, which is a bit jerky. Not sure why because I've converted it the same way as all the others. It's not in the recorded version, so it must be an encoding issue.

I haven't checked the whole episode yet though... I need sleep now. If anyone watches the whole thing and spots any more problems, let me know and I'll try a different converter. Hopefully, it will be just that few seconds... although it will still annoy the heck out of me, I like things to be right. :(

• Like 1