NHK World running a show called Train Cruise

miyakoji

Hi everybody !

Now you can vote for the Train Cruise show on the NHK website !

The program is on the second place in its category. :) 

VIEWER’S CHOICE AWARDS 2014. Voting is now open!
We’re now half-way through with the voting term.

At the moment, in the “Travel & Lifestyle” category

3rd: MAPPING KYOTO STREETS
2nd: Train Cruise
and 1st place is…???

For more details, check out our website.
Voting is still open! Your vote counts, and can change the outcome! If you haven’t voted yet, join us and cast your vote!

http://www.nhk.or.jp/nhkworld/vc14/index.html

10437785_858761104170647_463167627911882

• Like 2

Got them all on file to watch at any time.  I was actually googling the show yesterday as I hadn't heard anything regards a new episode for a while.  Hopefully something new comes soon.

And today they have announced a new episode! Yay!

• Train Cruise Autumn Delights in Tohoku and Shin-Etsu
  • Jan. 4, Sun. 0:10/ 6:10/ 12:10/ 18:10 (UTC)
    • 150104traincruiseautumn01.jpg150104traincruiseautumn02.jpg150104traincruiseautumn03.jpg150104traincruiseautumn04.jpg150104traincruiseautumn05.jpg
    The stage of our train cruise this time is deep autumn in East Japan's Yamagata, Fukushima and Niigata Prefectures. Our traveler thoroughly enjoys both food created from abundant autumn crops and beautiful views of the colored leaves of autumn. In addition, our train trip touches local people's lives by exploring regional traditions. The cruise starts from Shinjo, Yamagata which is located less than 4 hours from Tokyo by train. Our traveler enjoys a boxed lunch filled with Yamagata's autumn tastes and a Shinkansen event train car called Treiyutsubasa, which is equipped with an ashiyu hot spring foot bath. The next leg of the trip takes place on the Oza-Toro-Tembo Train from Aizu Wakamatsu in Fukushima Prefecture. Our traveler is thrilled by the beautiful colored leaves viewed from the observation car and surprised to meet a cat stationmaster. From Niigata Station, our traveler visits Sea of Japan on the Ryuto Shu*Kura where passengers can sample sake rice wine produced in Niigata, one of Japan's foremost sake brewing areas. The train cruise experience deeply touches both our traveler and the other passengers.

Oza-Toro-Tembo Train:
    http://www.tif.ne.jp/lang/en/sightseeing/topic.html?id=35&category=4

Koshino Shu*Kura:
    http://jprail.com/trains/sort-by-type/rapid-service/enjoy-premium-japanese-sake-on-board-cruising-train-koshino-shukura.html
And due to my love of Kyushu And Kiha 40 series DMUs, this episode will interest me.  I like seeing the old diesels being brought back to life with new larger windows and woodgrain interiors.  Classy in my books.
Edited by katoftw
  • Like 3

This episode is exciting!

We get the Toreyu!

We get the Oza-Toro-Tembo train!

We get the Shu Kura!

Sweet deal!

Definitely helps to promote Yamagata and Fukushima tourism!

• Like 1
Ronny, on 28 Dec 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:Ronny, on 28 Dec 2014 - 12:44 PM, said:

LeeC22 you know what to do. ;-) :-D

I do... I'm going to get myself some cake (not chr*stm*s cake, because I don't do chr*stm*s and n*w y**r) and sit and watch it, but don't worry, I'll let you know how good it was after I've watched it... the programme, not the cake.  :laughing6: I could post a few nice screenshots too. ;-)

Of course, I might record it and share it with everyone as well... although it isn't showing as Train Cruise in my EPG at the moment, it says "NHK Special Programme" or something similar, I'll keep my eye on it.

Edit: I hope people realise that the first paragraph was indeed said in jest. It goes without saying that I will be recording and sharing this... perhaps my hatred for this time of year diluted the intended humour.

Edited by LeeC22
Ronny, on 29 Dec 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:Ronny, on 29 Dec 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:Ronny, on 29 Dec 2014 - 7:39 PM, said:

If you want to share the cake :-D

I'd love to... but I've just read the label and my conscience won't let me. I just wouldn't want to make anyone ill. You can see for yourself what it says on the label. :-D

I've highlighted the relevant bit... I suspect it was too easy to miss. ;-)

2z5vjpc.jpg

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 2

Edit: I hope people realise that the first paragraph was indeed said in jest. It goes without saying that I will be recording and sharing this... perhaps my hatred for this time of year diluted the intended humour.

Surely in the festive season people sarcasm meters are still working? :laughing3:

• Like 2
katoftw, on 29 Dec 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Surely in the festive season people sarcasm meters are still working? :laughing3:

At this time of year, my sarcasm levels quadruple in power, so I have to make sure I don't upset people accidentally.

katoftw, on 29 Dec 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:katoftw, on 29 Dec 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

High blood aclohol levels will do that. :)

Alcohol free for close to 15 years (thankfully), I'm just a really miserable sarcastic barsteward during the festive season. :-( It's nearly over for another year though, so back to just being a miserable sarcastic barsteward... that shares TV programmes with all you happy people (but not cake). ;-)

Edited by LeeC22
  • Like 1
Ronny, on 30 Dec 2014 - 12:08 AM, said:

Genoa cake? I never heard about it. For me December and January means Panettone and Pandoro :)

Genoa cake is basically just fruit cake.

I think my cake humour was a bit inconspicuous... I've changed the picture to highlight my concerns. ;-)

Edited by LeeC22

• Train Cruise Autumn Delights in Tohoku and Shin-Etsu
  • Jan. 4, Sun. 0:10/ 6:10/ 12:10/ 18:10 (UTC)

Following Train Cruise is Cool Japan, looks like it's a new episode.  It's usually a very good show; it and Japanology are my favorite regularly scheduled programs.

Thank you Lee san once again for sharing! Train Cruise is a nice collection of videos which I'm gonna save them all ~   :)

• Like 1