KATO E7 shinkansen pre-order

linkey

Reading at the product description on HS:

'- Connecting portion, adopted diaphragm coupler of adoption, such as N700A · E5 · E6-based system. A realization basis
I realize precise connection, the stable running.'

Does this mean.... POWERED couplers? Or do they mean something else? Cause it reads precise connection, stable running... But it also reads added coupler of adoption such as N700A, E5 and E6. The three mentioned has the tilting mechanism installed, so are we talking about tilting mechanism here or powered coupler? 

Power coupler will mean BIG news to Kato fans! 

More like that the diaphragms and the couplers are one piece and move together. This means the two connected diaphragms are always flush. Of course I wonder what kind of compensation is used so one car can't twist the other off the tracks in S curves or on switches when the tilting mechanisms try to tilt the cars in the opposite directions.

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/KATO-10-1174-JR-Shinkansen-NOZOMI-Series-N700A-Basic-4-Car-Set-N-Scale-New-/00/s/MTA2MVgxNjAw/z/g9YAAOxyzi9SiF2p/$_57.JPG

http://i.ebayimg.com/t/KATO-10-1174-JR-Shinkansen-NOZOMI-Series-N700A-Basic-4-Car-Set-N-Scale-New-/00/s/MTA2MVgxNjAw/z/2XQAAOxyTjNSiF2o/$_57.JPG

(adding power couplers manually to the sides of the couplers seems possible with 2 micro pin connectors)

BAM!!!

Basic Set + 6 Car Addon!!!

Why not get the 3-car addon too? Besides, the 3-car basic set doesn't come with a hard cover bookcase box, and can be placed into the 3-car addon hard cover bookcase box.. If you get a 3 + 6 you'll end up with the basic without the bookcase box... 

For awhile there, I thought the basic 6-car set was going for $85 only ............. yes, a typo obviously. 

But darn, that'll be the deal of the year! :)

Mardon

Darn this forum!!!!

Just pre-ordered the entire 12 car set. I must steer clear of JNS and HS until the balance of my credit card recovers! :)

• Like 1

yes, because i probably wont have the same amount of money available per month for trains in 2014 because im going to buy an ATV in Feb.  :)

plus

at the time my viaduct station can only handle a 9 car shinkansen
im going to expand the station in 2014 but in width first to handle 4 tracks and 2 plattforms

after thats done im going to buy more Plattforms for my 4 track Overhead station to run at least 8 car Express trains

Edited by NEX-989